cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My phone can make outgoing calls and only some text messages

shaylamilller
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi! My phone is unable to recieve incoming calls from iphone and other android phones. I am able to send and recieve texts to only two numbers currently, one android and one iphone. I paid for unlimited calling and texting yesterday. I have reset my phone many times after I inserted and activated the new sim.

3 REPLIES 3

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@shaylamilller, if a number port was involved, it should have completed by now.  It is advisable to contact the moderator team and have them investigate and perhaps resubmit the port.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Refer to the following link for information on contacting the moderator team.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Modera...

This sounds like a number porting issue to me.  If you requested a phone number to be transfered from another provider to Public Mobile, any and all incoming communication will not get delivered to your Public Mobile service until the phone number transfered has completed.  Until then, your incoming texts and calls will continue to go to your old service.

matbasm
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @shaylamilller, Did you pick a new phone number, or did you ask to have your old number transfered to Public Mobile.  if it was a transfer, was it from another mobile carrier?  Or was it from a land line or other VOIP service.  The reason I ask is that there might be a problem with your number transfer.  Are you able to make outgoing calls?  If you asked for a transfer from another cell service, does your old sell service still receive calls (if you put your old SIM back into your phone).

Need Help? Let's chat.