cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple sign up issues

Icer
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have signed up for Public Mobile but I am still waiting (5+ Hours) for the service to work.  Asked to port my Virgin number and responded to the text from virgin.  Now get a "this number is not in service" when I try to call the number from another phone.  When I try to go into "My Account" to see if there is any info, I get "We’ve noticed you have an active Public Mobile service and would like to confirm your full access." but this requires getting a code texted to me and texting to this number is not working.  It escapes me how a "technology company" can screw up technology so badly.

Is there anything I can do at this point?

7 REPLIES 7

Icer

The PM eSim is toggled on.  I was able to get past the text code problem.  Wouldn't email but it did phone.

I reset mobile network settings.  No change.  I think I will continue this tomorrow.

Thanks for the help so far.

@Icer wrote:

The Public Mobile eSim is there and it shows my phone number that was to be ported.  I had already deleted the non-public eSim after I sent the response about porting my number.

I am android.  Where is "reset all networks"?

@Icer 

is the PM esim toggled on like my screenshot above?

for Reset all networks, try :

Settings > General management > Reset.
Tap Reset mobile network settings.

Rastin
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

As for the text code you can get it sent to your email. Under where you enter the code you should see did not get code. Click on it. And send it to your email

Icer

The Public Mobile eSim is there and it shows my phone number that was to be ported.  I had already deleted the non-public eSim after I sent the response about porting my number.

I am android.  Where is "reset all networks"?

@Icer 

let's check if your esim was setup correctly.  you using Android or iPhone?

On Android:  Check your Sim Card Manager and see if a Public Mobile eSim is there.  If so, make sure it is enabled.  

Android-eSIM_Watermarked.jpg

On iPhone: check Settings > Celluar and see if the eSIM is there.  If it is, make sure the PM eSIM is set as Primary on "Cellular Plan Label" and "Turn on This Line" is toggled on

iPhone-eSIM_Watermarked.jpg

if you don't see the Public Mobile esim there, check the Welcome email, there should be a QR code for the esim for you to scan and install manually)

If the Public Mobile eSIM is there, disable or delete those non PM sim (eSIM/Physical sim). 
If the non-PM sim is physical, remove it.  If the non-PM sim is an esim, disable using the SIM Manager on the phone (or set as Secondary and turn off "Turn on this line" for this non-PM esim)  

Then reboot the phone and click Reset All Networks on your phone and it will work.  (Please note that Reset all Networks will also erase your saved Wifi and Bluetooth connections, but you just need to add them back after). Also, it is possible you have to reset it multiple times for it to work.

if it still does not work, open ticket with PM support using Chatbot:

1. Open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html
    Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", then "Other", then "Login" and finally click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗
2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after ticket submitted, CS Agent will reply to you there

Icer

It was eSim.  I think I sent a private message so I guess I will see if it accomplishes anything

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Icer 

did you activate esim or physical sim?

if esim, it could be an issue with device setup

but it could also be a problem with your sim and account provisioning, easy fix for PM support, you just need to engage them via message..  

Private message CS Agent at: 
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after ticket submitted, CS Agent will reply to you there

Need Help? Let's chat.