cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G4 - No Data after Reset

jordanharris01
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi, I'm brand new to Public Mobile and I just set up my account about an hour ago. I can recieve calls and texts but I cannot get data to work. I've tried setting up my APN settings and I've tried a factory reset twice, without restoring any data, and it still fails to pick up the APN settings and won't connect no matter what I do. Need help! 😞

EDIT: So I've managed to get LTE data, but only by leaving the APN Type blank. Is this an issue or should I just go with it?

7 REPLIES 7

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hi @ErwinRem, sorry to hear of your friend's difficulty.  Is their iPhone 5S carrier unlocked (I presume it is, since other services are working) and compatible with PM's network?  Is it possible they have an imported phone that may not have the correct LTE bands for PM?  If not sure, do you know the specific model number?

You could try the settings @jordanharris01 provided.  I'm going to tag @Luddite and @Rockdaddy22, two very knowledgeable iOS users, to see if they can be of any assistance here.  EDIT:  guys, please reply to this dedicated thread instead:  http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/New-activation-iPhone-5s-data-won-t-wo...  Sorry for the confusion

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

jordanharris01
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Here are the APN settings I used:

Name: Public Mobile
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Leave blank
Port: Leave blank
Username: Leave blank
Password: Leave blank
Server: Leave blank
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: Leave blank
APN type: Leave blank

Most say to not leave the APN stype blank but that's the only way I could get it to work... though I haven't tried an MMS yet, data is connected and internet is functional.

ErwinRem
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi everyone,

A friend just switched to Public Mobile and text and voice seem to be working fine.

However, the data is not. The LTE sign in the top right is saying that it is connecting to LTE and the signal seems fine, but once we open anything that could use data, it says no internet connection.

The phone is an iPhone 5s. When we first inserted the SIM Card, we updated carrier settings.

We have ensured that they are signed up for data, we have cycled everyhting we can think of (data, airplane mode, lte on/off). The APN settings for the iphone don't allow us to manually change anything except for the personal hotspot.

Any suggestions?

You know, If you can, Post a Screenshot of your APN, this is really interesting, and can be a helpful tool and troubleshooting element

Rockdaddy22
I also agree, if it ain't broke, dont fix it lol
Welcome to the PM family I'm sure you'll love it 🙂

srlawren

@jordanharris01 I'm glad you were able to get it working, and I agree with @NDesai.  Weird, but if it ain't broke, don't try to fix it!  

Welcome to Public Mobile!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

If its working than should leave it. 

Need Help? Let's chat.