cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International Phone calls

Ruvkams1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
I paid an add on of 400mins for international and I tried calling and automated response tells me that I don't have talktalk!!!!!! What does that suppose to mean? I think PM a joke ! If I can't call my relatives yetbi paid for the service then yeah it was my fault to subscribe and I regret however it is not the end of life . I will do what others do ... Dump the PM sim card and go out to Fido . and to top it up they promised a refund of the 10 dollars when you activate ( never recieved my refund) they don't respond to emails and the service or coverage is just poor especially the Data reception in cities like Calgary and Medicine Hat. I honestly will cancel it if they don't let me speak with my relatives in the remote parts of Africa where they still use smartless phones
3 REPLIES 3

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @Ruvkams1

I'm sorry about this, 

Currently, all of our add-ons are for long distance calling only. Can you please send me a private message with your Public Mobile phone number. 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

JaK
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @Ruvkams1;

To get your $10 refunded you need to apply for it, this is what PM says: "• To request your rebate, email rebate@publicmobile.ca with your SIM order number and your Public Mobile phone number. We’ll issue your rebate to the same method of payment for the shipping charges within 7 days of the email being received."

I'm surprised to hear you are having service and data reception issues in Calgary and Medice Hat, I would have thought Telus (the network used by PM) would be strong there.

As to international calling, what @stonechucker indicates is correct, you need to have talk in your base plan to use LD add-ons. But unfortunately even if you have talk, those minutes will not be of use to speak to your relatives in "remote parts of Africa" as PM's international calling only supports a limited number of countries and nothing in Africa is on the list, sorry. If you want to use your PM phone for that, you can likely buy a 3rd party calling card. 

For reference, believe this is the list of counties currently supported international calling (plus the USA of course):

longdistance.jpg

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

Do you have a talk option added to you plan, other than the add-on you've purchased?  Talk add-owns do not work without a provincial, or better talk option added to your base plan.

i don't know about the SIM refund, as I got my SIM before the cost was applied, however I do recall the requirement for you to send an email to a specific address with certain information to obtain the refund.

personally, I still believe if they are refunding the cost of the shipping on the SIM, they shouldn't be asking for the upfront payment of $10.

Need Help? Let's chat.