cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect data usage

Brucewg
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My data usage for April 7 shows 1697 mb used.  I was using my wifi all day that day.  This is  obviously an error. No, I was not streaming any thing on my cell.

7 REPLIES 7

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@iidoka   people usually complain that the usage is wrong in the other direction.  how much data do you think  should be left?  the online data moitor is usually very accurate.  maybe you didnt use as much data as you thoiught?  how much data do you have in your plan?  what does your phone say?  ( you can install an data monotring app like data witness or my data manager both will track 30 day cycles.

to post a new topic click on the correct correct board (ie plans and addons) then there will be an oragne button which says start a new topic.

Also dont forget if you enable autopay you will save an additional $2/30 days

iidoka
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My first month. 4 days left until I need to add credit. I log in. My usage data says I have used only around 300 Mb. Earlier in the month it seemed to accurately reflect the usage tracker on my phone. I only have a short time until my month expires. Any idea why it's showing that I have so much data available again??

P. S. I couldn't figure out how to ask a question to the community so I decided to post into this thread. Maybe you could let me know where to post my questions in the future. 

srlawren

@Brucewg glad you got it sorted out.  thanks for the udpate

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Brucewg

Apparently True Key app was using 

all my data up.  Seems to be doing something in the background. Restricted background data for the app.

srlawren

@Brucewg @Luddite many Android phones have a Wi-Fi assist type feature now too.  For example, on my OnePlus 5T, it's called "Smart Wi-Fi Switcher":

Screenshot_20180415-123747.jpg

@Brucewg to see what apps or services have been using your data on an Android device, please see here:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Data-add-on-not-working/m-p/173522/high...

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Brucewg

Yes to a and do not apply to b &c

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

a) Are you sure that was the amount used and not remaining?

b) If you have an iPhone, is WiFi assist turned off? Otherwise, cellular data is used even while on wifi.

c) If you have any apps updating in the background it may happen if you were ever outside range of wifi.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.