cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot access my voice mail while out of town (no long-distance)

ghismart01
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm new to this forum and I have a problem. I have a talk only plan but people calling me let messages in the voice mail and I can't retrieve them. So it is completely useless and annoying, since the caller is expecting a reply.

I think the problem is that because I didn't buy the long-distance plan because I rellay dont make long-distance calls!

Any idea?

6 REPLIES 6

echf
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

With only province wide calling, you should be able to access voicemail anywhere+make call to the number in that province.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Province-wide-Canada-wide-and-Long-Di...

Please contact the moderator if you are having trouble to access your voicemail 

ghismart01

@ShawnC13, I just tried with composing only "1" to access my voice mial option and it worked. For unknown reason, last time it gave me the same message!

Well now it seems to work! Thank you!

@ghismart01, are you in a different area code?  You may need to edit your voicemail number and add a 1 before the area code.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

ghismart01

No, I'm still in the same province. In fact, I'm only 1 hour from my home region!

When I try to access my voice mail box, it says " sorry we connaot complete your request. you don't have long-distance option and this option is not covered with your plan". This my traduction because the message is in french.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@ghismart01, if you are out of your home province that is probably why you cant get your voicemail

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Mana
Mayor / Maire

Are you within the province or outside?

if you are within your province, you should be able to access it. 

If you are outside, maybe you can download fongo app, from fongo you can get a local number (same as your number area code) then you can call your number from fongo and access your voice mail. Or you can just forward your calls to your fongo number. 

Hope this helps. 

Need Help? Let's chat.