cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get my text to work after porting my number

marcome
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I initiated a transfer from Virgin Mobile, I did not receive the text therefore the porting was not completed. Virgin asked me to contact Public to send a new request but I am unable to provide that info to public. Nowhere in in bot chat to add the request and I am asked to login then got a no token found error message. Can someone help me please. I am caught in between the two services. 

4 REPLIES 4

@ashlinf   I think your issue has more to do with the current Telus/Koodo/Public Mobile SMS problem which is said to be being worked on.  If you are able to receive calls (from other carriers besides Telus group) then the porting team would not be able to help.  You can contact Public Mobile customer service using the chat/message icon bottom right of this page.  If it's not working for you then send agents a private message using this link

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

ashlinf
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there, I’m also having issues where I can call and receive calls after porting but texts aren’t coming through or sending out. I waited a day to see if it would fix itself, could you also send me the number so I can give them a call? Much appreciated. 

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Handy1  I think this is not the current general texting issue but the port authorization text and the request needed to be re-submitted.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@marcome   There's a phone number to call for specific porting issues, check your community inbox in a minute or two and I will private message it to you.

Need Help? Let's chat.