cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Homtom lt7 pro won't connect

Codyh231
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Got my new phone today. Put the sim card in and started it up. Wouldn't connect, everything kept coming up on the telus network (which coming from my previous phone never came up telus on anything). Tried searching it up and wouldn't connect. Tried the APN and still won't connect. Any help would be appreciated.
13 REPLIES 13

outdoorsaddix
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@imm1304 @Codyh231 I just checked and I think your best bet is to push for the refund one way or another. This phone does not appear to be compatible on 3G or 4G for any carrier in North America, much less Canada so it would be a nightmare to sell, if someone did buy it, they would probably be ignoring the specs and be asking you for a refund as well.

Do you have kids? I assume you probably paid sub $100 for this thing, could be a good toy for games for them. 

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hey @Codyh231,

Sorry to echo the bad news from Mary, your phone is not compatible with PM/Telus.

The 2G frequencies wont help at all because PM doesn't run on a 2G network.  The 850 and 1900 MHz have to be on the 3G/WCDMA band for the phone to be compatible.  

Without 3G compatibility, the phone is very much useless on PM/Telus network becuase the 3G band is essential for making and receiving calls.  

If they don't give you a refund, I suggest you use the willmyphonework.net website to figure out which Canadian carrier is compatible with your phone and then sell your phone to someone who is with that carrier.  

Alternatively, you can sell it on ebay.  Good luck!  

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @Codyh231

Thank you for reaching out to us regarding your device issue!

So sorry to hear that you've been experiencing some issues with your phone. According to your previous post, the devices's bands are as follows:

Type WCDMA, GSM, FDD-LTE
Band Band (2G): GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz
Band (3G): WCDMA 900/2100MHz
Band (4G): FDD-LTE 800/1800/2100/2600MHz

Unfortunetaly, it does not seem that your phone is compatible to our network. Here are the frequencies we use:

3G/HSPA: 850/1900

4G/LTE: 700/1900

On the other hand, if you're looking for a device, I invite you to check out Orchard's website. Public Mobile is partnered with them to provide affordable and already unlocked devices! Click here to access the site.

I hope this helps!

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

Codyh231
I'm just gonna try a refund on my phone. As it's there fault for selling a phone that's clearly not compatible with what they said it is

I am out of ideas.  The problem certainly has to do with some sort of hardware incompatibility.

Codyh231
The weird part is. Its identifying the sim as telus but when I do a search for networks. Telus doesn't come up as an option. Just public mobile. Same result when I try to auto select

Phones from overseas are notorious for having limited LTE support in North America.  Band 4 LTE is a North America exclusive.  There's also FDD vs TDD LTE to think about.   Concerning Telus network showing up, some device show that while others show Public Mobile.  It doesn't reality matter, just auto select the network and let the SIM credentials look after things.

Codyh231
Network
Type WCDMA, GSM, FDD-LTE
Band Band (2G): GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz
Band (3G): WCDMA 900/2100MHz
Band (4G): FDD-LTE 800/1800/2100/2600MHz

Codyh231
That website is saying my phone doesn't support 4g LTE. When in fact it does. 800 MHz 1800 MHz 2100 MHz 2600 MHz

Lol i thought you spelled TomTom wrong and now they were making phones.

Anyways, did you try this site?

http://willmyphonework.net/

Codyh231
Sorry ht7 pro

Codyh231
One I ordered from China. Network frequencies look fine as far as I can tell.

CaNuCk07
Mayor / Maire

What kind of phone is that?

Need Help? Let's chat.