cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forwarding while phone number suspended?

MVP
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi community, I have a question.

I'm plannign to  be out of country for a  few months and will  not be using  my  PM number/plan.

If I let my plan go to the "suspended" state for 90 days due to non-payment

(as explained in numerous topics here),

will  call forwarding still be operational in  this suspended state?

(I'm planning to forward to a voip number).

Thank you in advance  for  clarifications.

4 REPLIES 4

MVP
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@will13am wrote:

@srlawren wrote:

@MVP excellent question!  My assumption is that the forwarding would stop as soon as the account goes into suspended status.  But, to check my assumption, I'm tagging community moderator @Shazia_K to hopefully clarify.

Forwarding minutes count, pretty much same treatment as making a call.  Try forwarding to a long distance number and you will see the effects.

Thank you, @@will13am and @srlawren ! On the second thought I must agree with @will13am,  logically thinking, when the phone number is suspended,  forwarding should be suspended too. Though I'll wait for a clarification from our respectable mods,   @Shazia_K

@srlawren wrote:

@MVP excellent question!  My assumption is that the forwarding would stop as soon as the account goes into suspended status.  But, to check my assumption, I'm tagging community moderator @Shazia_K to hopefully clarify.

Forwarding minutes count, pretty much same treatment as making a call.  Try forwarding to a long distance number and you will see the effects.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

No, all aspects of the service is suspended.  Once you don't have the calling function, the forwarding won't work.  You are going to have to keep the service active if you want to receive calls on the number even if through call forwarding.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Need Help? Let's chat.