cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For Public Mobile information only

claude1960
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Did you know that Koodo employeesdon't know about the switch from  Legacy/Pioneer  to them. No one I've spoken to has any idea about the promo code. To top it up they have to get Koodo on the line, for guidance and protocole,  but only when I get to the store. 
In other words they haven't got a clue on what's happenning.

From Claude a  Legacy/Pioneer customer with a basic plan

20 REPLIES 20

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@claude1960 wrote:

@imm1304

I might just do that.
Thank you
God bless you

You're welcome.  Moving forward, I hope this decision making process will be stress free for you.  

imm1304

Keep in mind that if you switch to a regular public mobile plan, you will be eligible for $5 per 30 days in rewards (loyalty reward of $3 and autopay reward of $2).  So any prices you see on the public mobile's plan page, you will effectively pay $5 less per 30 days or $15 less per 90 days.  

https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans

So take your time and compare and understand your options and then make an informed choice.  Either way, the goal is to do what works best for you.  

claude1960

@imm1304

I might just do that.
Thank you
God bless you

imm1304

Thats ok @claude1960, no worries.  We are here to discuss and get to the bottom of things.  Feel free to discuss away.  

I linked you to Koodo's plan page which is for Ontario.  When I switch to Quebec, I see the prices you are talking about.  That $35 for unliited talk, text and 1GB data looks like a great deal!  You guys have much better deals in Quebec. 

If you are feeling adventurous, call Koodo and negotiate to get that $35 plan for $28 😄

claude1960

@imm1304

My bad ...wait until you get to be my age.
PM offers only province's plan,

Koodo offers 100, 500 or illimited minutes for 25$, 30$ & 35$. Do you see anything similar?

imm1304

Here is a link to the list of all the Bring Your Own Device plans available from Koodo:  https://www.koodomobile.com/rate-plans?INTCMP=KMNew_NavMenu_Shop_Plans

Note that every single plan on offer at Koodo includes Canadawide calling option.  

Where did you get the information that Canadawide calling will be taken away if you migrate to Koodo?  It makes no sense at all that Koodo will make special arrangement to restrict migrating PM customers to provincewide calling when they themselves are offering all the plans with Canadawide calling options.  

Koodo has an identical plan to the one you have right now.  Unlimited Canadawide calling and unimited texts.  Their regular price is $40.  Its all right there on the page I linked above.  I believe they can put you on the same plan and with your migration code, the price will be $28. Thats what I think will happen.  You can always verify all this by calling 611.

imm1304

@claude1960 wrote:

@imm1304

They don't know ....the code is the answer.
Here's one more thing they don't have a Canada plan.

Have you verified this with Koodo or PM staff that the migration offer will cost you your Canadawide calling?  That sounds very unfair and unusual and would not be considered "similar" as per the announcement. 

claude1960

@imm1304

They don't know ....the code is the answer.
Here's one more thing they don't have a Canada plan.

imm1304

@claude1960, I have no direct experience with the migration to Koodo.

BUT, I was here when last wave of migrations happened.  What I remember is that there is a unique promo code tied to your public mobile phone number that the sales rep needs to enter during activation.  Thats where you will get the specially priced migration plan.  

Its not unusual at all that the retail kiosk/store sales rep does not know or understand anything about the migration offer for PM customers.  Once the given sales rep serves PM migration customer, he/she will learn from experience.  But other than that, its perfectly normal that they dont know about this.. no cause for alarm. 

The sales rep is there to verify your identity and put you on a postpaid plan and enter the promo code you provide along with your Public mobile number for number transfer to Koodo.  Hope this clarifies some of the confusion.  

PS: As @srlawren has mentioned earlier, there may be a specific Koodo location assigned to you in the sms text you received or there may be an email in your inbox too if there is an email address linked to your PM account.  

claude1960

@imm1304

I've been trying to get just that.
Be advise that not even one rep from Koodo knows about this.
Give it a try and you'll understand what I mean.

The endings is always the same ...come to the store and we'll call Koodo to see what we can do for you. Unless i get to the store they haven't got a clue of what the promo code is for. 

Do you think they will know when i get there?

imm1304

Hi @claude1960!

The way this forum is set up, you will 100% guaranteed, get answers from fellow community members if you post questions in the forum threads.  

If you want answer from a Public Mobile employee, then you have 3 options:

1.  Dial *611 from your phone.  You are a legacy customer.  

2.  Send a private message to Modetrator_Team with your question.

3.  Tag the Moderator_Team handle in your post to attract attention from the mods

With the Koodo migration offer, the announcement clearly states that you will pay the same price for similar plan.  I understood this to mean that you will continue to pay $28/month to Koodo for talk and text plan that is comparable to what you have right now.   It would be a mistake to waste your time comparing Koodo's existing regular priced plans to your current PM plan.  If you choose to migrate to Koodo, you will NOT be forced to choose one of their regular priced plans.  You will be offered a special migration plan that is not available to the general public.  

While I have not personally been offered this Koodo deal I have seen all the details from a friend. The most aggravating item in his offer was the requirement to go to a specific Koodo kiosk; a 45 minute drive away. Otherwise it's a simply an evaluation of the Koodo "similar" plan/price versus that available at Public Mobile, plus an assessment of one's Canada wide calling needs. To me, the $15 long distance add-on for 400 minutes makes sense to try out before committing to the extra $5-$10/30 days for Canada wide calling.

If anyone is seriously annoyed then consider migrating away from the Telus' brood. This, and the other PM/Koodo offers, are driven by Telus' strategic plans. PM likely has very little control on pricing.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

claude1960

@srlawren

Thank you I've already saw your answer.
You write faster than me.

srlawren

@claude1960 we do, as I mentioned here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Effective-February-15th-changes-are-hap...

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

claude1960

@srlawren

Thank you for your concern.
Do you know if we have a contract somewhere in the community?

srlawren

@claude1960 wrote:

@srlawren

Thank you for the suggestion I'm not gonna do that.

@claude1960 I'm not sure why, it seems like you would like them to get the message.  Okay, I will at least tag the @CS_Agent account here to see if that helps.  I'm sure they will be unhappy to hear that the experience is not being handled smoothly by their sister brand Koodo dealerships.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

claude1960

@srlawren

Thank you for the suggestion I'm not gonna do that.

srlawren

@claude1960 I'm going to suggest that you send the modeator team a private message to bring this to their attention.  Here's info on how to do so:

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

If you have a Porting issue, please also include:

• The number you want to port, PM sim number, old account number, old account name exacly as on bill

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Thursday 9am to 9pm, and Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 9am to 7:30pm [Totonto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

Additional Useful Information:

• Search PM-GUIDE (remove "-" during the search) to find some informative posts and answers to many common questions about Public Mobile

claude1960

@NDesai

You're answering for -pm-...
I'm sure you meant well.
But, you're not a  Legacy/Pioneer customer and you didn't get all the facts like I did.
Why don't you try that for starters?

They don't need a promo code because they don't offer a special price for PM customer.
Whjat you see is what you get. (Koodo plans that is.)

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

I believe that is normal. Usually, many reps won't have any idea about other carriers. They are there to just get you sign up and earn some commission. This is not the first time Public Mobile is doing this. They also targeted Koodo offer via text to some users a while ago. I am not really sure what their experience was with switching. But PM staff have told us that the promo code should be valid and koodo reps should be able to use that to switch you over. 

Need Help? Let's chat.