cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Time traveling to the US on PM. Added 10 day 1GB data.

scotsmandc
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there,

I am flying to California later this evening and have added the US 1GB data for 10 days option. Will it automatically work when I arrive or do I have to put in different apn settings? 

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

scotsmandc

Thanks all, data is working

I had a data only add-on 3 weeks ago and it connected immediateluy without issue. However, I did need to select 3G speed rather than auto/LTE as I have a 3G base plan.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

scotsmandc

I definitely bought the right one and it's shwoing on my plan. I bought ld minutes before without issue.

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

@scotsmandc,

Only because this is a regular failure for a lot of customers, please confirm you have added the US roaming of your choice.

It should appear as an addon in your self-serve "My Account" overview.  If it is not there, it has only been "Paid for", and not yet applied.  You *may* still need to add the roaming package (in the same way you *may* have paid for it).  It's a silly glitch that some run into.

ChopstickHero
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

No need to change anything, it should work automatically (I got the same 10day roaming data add-on a few months ago when I went to the US). 

1GB is a lot for 10 days, but one tip I have to be conservative (and to make sure you don't run out of data) is to just set your phone on airplane mode when you're not using it. It'll not only improve battery life, but it will also save data transfers that happen in the background by certain apps.

Taekgun
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@scotsmandc

Your APN settings don't need to change.  Just make sure your have data roaming turned on for your device for when your down there.  If it doesn't automatically connect, you may need a quick reboot or to manually select AT&T or T-MOBILE.

Enjoy your trip.

Need Help? Let's chat.