cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Entering voucher pin

ricky12
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi all,

Last night i purchased my voucher to top up i was given 3 vouchers instead of the usual 1 .The person highlighted the wrong 12 digit codes  i had to enter,so by entering the incorrect pin numbers i was blocked from my account and cannot enter the 3 correct pin numbers and have been without phone since midnight last night .How long do i have to wait until this issue is resolved?Will someone call me or text me to tell me my account is unblocked so i can enter the correct pin numbers and get my phone working again.

26 REPLIES 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ricky12 wrote:

Hi,

As long as my phone works im happy.i do dont know if it will happen again hopefully no ,if it does i will ask moderator about opting me out of lock out function maybe he already has.

Which store chain did you buy the voucher from? (not which location for your privacy) A prolific user here created a thread listing many of the known vouchers. If your store isn't in that list then maybe you could add it and some pics of the vouchers themselves indicating which number is the right one. This could be helpful for future customers researching why their voucher isn't working.

But only if you'd be willing to take the time of course.

ricky12

Hi,

As long as my phone works im happy.i do dont know if it will happen again hopefully no ,if it does i will ask moderator about opting me out of lock out function maybe he already has.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ricky12 wrote:

Hi,

In all fairness they do the same thing if u enter incorrect pin for a debit card 3 or more times and i think for credit card that has pin also.And i entered what i thought was the correct number several times that must have really got pm s attention.

I tried 3 or 4 times with different bogus numbers. I tried about 5 times with the same number. No lockout. I still don't know what happened to your account.

But it's all good.

ricky12

Hi Rosie,

Thank you for that its kind of you.

ricky12

Hi,

In all fairness they do the same thing if u enter incorrect pin for a debit card 3 or more times and i think for credit card that has pin also.And i entered what i thought was the correct number several times that must have really got pm s attention.

ricky12

Hi 

I know pm  were trying to protect my account because i entered the incorrect pins several  times. It was late when i purchased the vouchers.The guy at the convenience store highlighted what he thought was the pin numbers ,he was being nice,with a marker.When i got home i didnt notice he had highlighted the incorrect pins, beside the pin number it says pin he highlighted where it said exchange  voucher (in french).Coincidentaly they both have 12 digits so i never thought to check closer it was my friend who noticed there wads a line saying nip (pin in french).i guess in the future i will hsve to be more careful and attentive and not enter incorrect pin so i dont get locked out.

@ricky12 wrote:

Hello Everyone  

Good news !!! Moderator contacted me saying he was able to apply my correct voucher pin numbers,i had sent these to him earlier today,told me to power phone off and on and bingo i got my line back yeayyyy!!!I I want to thank the community and moderator  for getting me going again thanks everyone for being so supportive it made me feel like i was being listened to and would get my line back,which i did. This is why i have been with public mobile since the beginning and im one of their biggest fans.thank you all once again.

Ricky 

@ricky12 so nice to hear that got your problem resolved.  Yay!!!  They say good things happen to good people...... eventually.  lol  Cheers!  😊

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 

ricky12 was saying he typed in the wrong voucher code a few times. I tested that. No lockout. Of course they won't advertise their security triggers but that's the information we had to go on. I couldn't reproduce it. And then to not be able to do it in 611?!

@Anonymous wrote:

@computergeek541 

I tried entering several bogus voucher codes in my now suspended dormant account. I didn't get locked out. I don't know what was going with this guys account.

There are likely a bunch fo security triggers that aren't advertised.  For example, I've noticed that if a new customer is sloppy and tries to log in to self serve incorrectly shortly after activation, "forget your password" isn't allowed and the self serve account immediately goes into "disabled" status. The service keeps working, but you need a modeartors to reset the password. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 

I tried entering several bogus voucher codes in my now suspended dormant account. I didn't get locked out. I don't know what was going on with this guys account.

@ricky12 wrote:

Hello Everyone  

Good news !!! Moderator contacted me saying he was able to apply my correct voucher pin numbers,i had sent these to him earlier today,told me to power phone off and on and bingo i got my line back yeayyyy!!!I I want to thank the community and moderator  for getting me going again thanks everyone for being so supportive it made me feel like i was being listened to and would get my line back,which i did. This is why i have been with public mobile since the beginning and im one of their biggest fans.thank you all once again.

Ricky 

I can only think that it's a security measure to try to prevent someone from trying to guess randomly to find a valid voucher code. Did the moderator also realease any such lock out on applying a voucher to your account in the future?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ricky12 

Great news. What the heck was the mod talking about saying you didn't have a Public Mobile number?! A whole bunch of stress for nuttin'. Jeez.

Glad it's all sorted.

ricky12

Hello Everyone  

Ricky 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ricky12 

I'm just shaking my head. That's insane. Keep at the mods. Start a new ticket. Contact one directly from the users online list.

Something super-screwy has happened to your account. It _feels_ like you've been hacked. What was that you said about voicemail? Was it _your_ recording (if you had one beyond default)?

Edit: hold on. You shouldn't be able to get to your voicemail if your account is suspended or ported. Is it your recording?

ricky12

Hi,

On the top left hand corner of my phone it says public mobile very clearly.I have had the same sim card on my last 3 phones its the same i have in this current phone.Also i get messages from public mobile when its time to top up and when they add bonus money.Iam very happy with public mobile but its so frustrating them telling me its not a public mobile number .I just want to pay i already purchased the vouchers and they wont return my money at the convrnience store.The message i get when i enter the correct pin is Sorry we are not able to process this request.And no further moderator answer.its so frustrating.

@ricky12 do you trust this store? it's seems very odd you don't have a number with public mobile anymore... keep speaking to mods. sounds very fishy the person circles the incorrect numbers... then your phone is not a pm number anymore. they may have a machine that reads your personal details off of your debit card. 

you should change your bank passwords right away

ricky12

Hi,

I dont know if my previous reply posted.i purchased vouchers at convenience store where i had purchased before i paid by debit card.Last night i entered wrong pins and my account was due to renew on the 05 october so at midnite it was cut off.As i tried  to enter the correct pins it would not and does not let me enter them therefore i have no phone line since midnite last night.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ricky12 

An "ex Public Mobile dealer" doesn't give me a lot of confidence.

Do you see mention of being with Public Mobile as a carrier anywhere on your phone? Could even just be the top bar.

Can you repeat exactly what the 611 recording says? It's probably wanting money to reactivate. You should be able to get to the main menu and then redeem your vouchers.

Another option is to use instant top-up from a few stores.

And seems pretty darn odd that the mods are saying you're not from here.

ricky12

Hi.

I purchased them at a convenience store and i have purchased from them before on my purchase slip it clearly says public mobile and the amounts $20.00 $5.00 and $5.00.At midnite last nite my phone stopped working as my renewal was for the 05 october.As i said i entered wrong pin numbers thats the only thing i know i never had this problem ever before it was always smooth and easy.Iam able to enter my account and it says i have an $11.00 balance as a matter of fact $5.00 wad added to my accpunt today because yesterday  i had $6.00.

@ricky12 so your phone was working yesterday afternoon? and now a mod is saying you don't have a public mobile number. where did you purchase the vouchers? did you use cash or credit card?

ricky12

Hi,

I just called my public mobile number from my home line it goes to the voice mail and the message goes to voice mail on my public mobile phone so i have not been ported out.Yes i want to keep a line of communication with the moderator but i get no return answer except last night to tell me my number is not public mobile ???? I was told by an ex public mobile dealer  that i have been locked out of my account and until they dont unlock me i wont be able to enter my voucher pin numbers and get my line back.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ricky12 wrote:

HI,

Well it did block me ,i just called 611 tried to enter my pin numbers,there is a taped message saying we cannot process your request.The pin numbers do not go in i cannot enter them the request is not processed by public mobile so i have no line.In 9 years with public mobile i never had this isuue before.

I wonder if by some wild coincidence you got sim-jacked and fraudulently ported out at the same time.

What happens when you call your number from another phone? Block the outgoing number.

You need to keep that line of communication open with the mod you've been with. Have them check that SIM # with you. They can verify that your SIM # is the one on account. They could also tell you that the account has been ported out.

None of this may have happened...but it's possible.

ricky12

HI,

Well it did block me ,i just called 611 tried to enter my pin numbers,there is a taped message saying we cannot process your request.The pin numbers do not go in i cannot enter them the request is not processed by public mobile so i have no line.In 9 years with public mobile i never had this isuue before.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ricky12 

I can't imagine being locked out of the account for incorrect voucher codes.

As above, try the 611 service.

Upon getting connected, you'll hear your balance. Maybe something went in.

ricky12

Hi esjliv.

I did contact moderator ,moderator strangely says my number is not a public mobile number ????I replied iam a public mobile legacy member i have been with public mobile since the beginning and since then i purchase my public mobile vouchers every month.Now i cannot enter my pin numbers and im blocked out so i cannot  enter my pin numbers.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hello @ricky12 ,

Are you able to reactivate or enter the vouchers by calling 611?? 

Are you able to use the "forgot your password" option, https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/

If this still is not working for you, contact the moderators to get you back in.

To contact the Moderator_Team, there are two ways to reach them:

1-Click the question mark on the bottom right hand side of your screen to talk to SIMon the chat bot.

esjliv_0-1595967286478.png

https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

OR

2-Contact the Moderator_Team via private message using this link.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.