cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email out of date

bhoffo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I'm a regular visitor to BC - each year I travel from Australia to ski for a few months and over the past several years have used Public Mobile.  The problem is, that when I return each year the previous email address is invalid (as my account hasn't been used for 9-10 months after I return to Australia)  - which means that each year I have to create a new email address, password and all the rest.  

My question is this 'Is there a way in which I can use the previous years email address and details associated with it?'  -  I'll be purchasing another Sim card when I travel back to BC in January 2020.

Thanks, Bruce

5 REPLIES 5

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@bhoffo  For your situation it's best to use an email alias if your provider supports it. That way you can activate using the same email.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@bhoffo wrote:

Hi, I'm a regular visitor to BC - each year I travel from Australia to ski for a few months and over the past several years have used Public Mobile.  The problem is, that when I return each year the previous email address is invalid (as my account hasn't been used for 9-10 months after I return to Australia)  - which means that each year I have to create a new email address, password and all the rest.  

My question is this 'Is there a way in which I can use the previous years email address and details associated with it?'  -  I'll be purchasing another Sim card when I travel back to BC in January 2020.

Thanks, Bruce

I recommend to talk with moderator about your case. Click the "?" in lower right side of the page to talk with moderator and receive assistance. Type 'contact moderator" then follow directions. They get back to you in 1-3 hours.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@bhoffo 

PM self-serve system uses email address as the username.  Therefore, you cannot reuse previous used email address even your account was canceled.  You can create a moderator support ticket to remove your previous email address from PM system using the ? button at the right side bottom corner of this page.  You may as well to get rid of all email addresses used with PM before.  You will have a few spare emails for your future visit Canada.

iliusfaisal
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

You should contact to the Moderator team about this issue... Probably your previous account with the email address is still being registered. Hopefully, the Moderator team can help you to reuse your account. Just give them a private message.

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Hi @bhoffo 

There is a way, if you login and pay before 90 days is up, you can move to the cheapest plan before you leave, then once your account is down for 85 days log back in and reactivate. It will be good for 30 days so you have to log in again 115 days later to renew again and keep doing it every 115 days. It will cost you 15 for 115 days and reminder to log back in in time

This way you will also be collecting some loyalty rewards and pickup some gifts that public mobile gives from time to time

Need Help? Let's chat.