cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting Account

CChristie
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was managing an account for my mom and she has passed away.  I have turned off the auto subscription feature to stop payments but how do I remove the account completely?  Thanks 🙂

4 REPLIES 4

@BKNS27 wrote:

@CChristie 

Her account will be deleted after 90 days of nonpayment so let it run out. 
After 90 days, her account will be closed, SIM will stop working and her number will be returned to the carrier she got the number from.

Accounts are never deleted.  They are only closed.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Firstly, sorry for your loss @CChristie 

While all you really need to do is turn off the subscription (as you have) to ensure no further automatic charges occur, you can also ask the customer support agents to finalize the account and they will do it for you as well.

If there are available funds on the account, which there may or may not be, they may also be agreeable to move those funds to an existing account holder.

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here to create a support ticket, then type Customer Support Agent, then Contact Us,  or
  2. Send a private message to Customer Support Agent by clicking here.  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@CChristie 

you can use that chatbot bubble, right side bottom of page to request removal of her credit card info.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@CChristie 

Her account will be deleted after 90 days of nonpayment so let it run out. 
After 90 days, her account will be closed, SIM will stop working and her number will be returned to the carrier she got the number from.

Need Help? Let's chat.