cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data does not work, Voice and Text work

lukie
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So I registered on this plan but for some reason Data doesn't seem to work both in my res and outside around different areas in Vaughan. For over a day now it does not work. I have the G3 and it worked fine on Koodo. I registered on the 12GB plan. Any ideas?

8 REPLIES 8

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@lukie please see @McLaren's reply.  Unfortunately, many LG G3/G4 seem to require a factory reset after changing carriers.  Please be sure to back up anything that you dont' already have backedup or synced to cloud services first.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Cypm
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

what kind of phone do you have if you have android phone here is setting , if data no work most likely you need to set apn in right form otherwise it won't work. try to delete the old apn setting and add new one. do exactly what it said here it will be fine 

this is for andriod phone for set up apn

Name: Public Mobile
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Leave blank
Port: Leave blank
Username: Leave blank
Password: Leave blank
Server: Leave blank
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: Leave blank
APN type: Leave blank

McLaren
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Try resetting your network settings, if that fails try a factory reset and reinsert the sim card

Grant_J

Ok, it worked on Koodo (same network), you have the right APN settings, and it's been rebooted. I can't think of any other basic troubleshooting so we'll probably have to contact a moderator. They operate in Ontario so I believe they'll be back by 9AM EST. @Shazia_K

lukie

Yes

Grant_J

Have you restarted your phone since you changed the settings? 

lukie

Did that and still no data. 

Grant_J

Have you changed your APN settings? If not, here's a page with all the info you should need:

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/How-do-I-set-up-data-APN-on-my-smartph...

Need Help? Let's chat.