cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DATA ISSUES

noelorna
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey Guys,

I have a Note 3 running Android 5.0. I am suppose to be getting 4G/LTE but i only get 3G (3.5G). I have the right APN settings. Please help as I am going to be out of the country in a few hours.

Thanks 🙂

9 REPLIES 9

koimr1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Any luck, @noelorna?

Acekiller

just a reminder, you can not roam with PM unless you are in the states and you bought the US package.

Try a factory reset; that seems to clear most Freedom phones for access to PM's LTE frequency. Back up first, of course.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

I am using s8 plus I finally from freedom even on this phone i had to do csr to get steady lte I was keep getting lte n 4g. Freedom phone usually blocked other frequencies for lte.
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

noelorna

the model number of my Note 3 is SM-N900W8

Here what you need to do do a full backup of your phone. U can use Samsung switch then
Do this
dial *272#( your phone IMEI)#

you will get the csc menu then select the koodo or telus click install.

this will also will erase everything in you phone.

Will solve lte issue.

(If phone was originally from freedom those ppls block the lte setting that's why you don't be able to use it untill you do this process )
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

koimr1

If you are certain your APN is correct then look in your settings - somewhere in the mobile network section (not exactly sure on a Note 3) will be a setting where you can set the "Preferred Network Type" - make sure this is set accordingly.

Maybe this will help: Note 3 - Network type

noelorna

unlocked from freedom

Samianauman
Mayor / Maire
Is that a freedom orignal phone and then u unlocked it or what's the orignal carrier
Need Help? Let's chat.