cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Concern of stopping the account for 30-60 days

Steven_Edmonton
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am planning to leave the country for a month of two, but I will be back before the 90 days is up.

If I stop making payment just for a month or two, when I come back, would I lose the referral bonus or would the person who referred me lose her referral bonus?

11 REPLIES 11

skpatriot
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

You would not lose the autopay/bonus. You would only lose it if the other person stops using public mobile. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I am not talking about future date the current plan.

If a person with a current contract expires in 2 months, he can get the current $40 4.5GB plan during the free SIM and free month promo and not renew the plan for next 2 month and holding the $40 bill credit + the $10 referral credit for future use after two months..

I understand that you are not sure about the credit balance at the renewal date. 

@popping wrote:

@popping No to both of your questions 🙂

Thanks for the info.  It is a nice benefit from PM when you are on long holiday.

This flaxiblity will allow people with current contract with couple of months to go and activate a plan with the current promo and hold on any payment up to 3 months.

If I have bill credit in my account from the current promo and disable the autopay, will PM system take my credit balance on the next renewal date?

If you change your plan, you must renew after your current plan expires to keep the new promo plan. If you futuredate a promo plan and decide to hold off from renewing with it, you will not get the promo plan if it is expired at that time because if your plan goes into expired status, the system cannot renew with a new plan. 

As far as i know, if you disable AutoPay, your account will not take any payment automatically. I am unsure about what happens if you have balance sitting in your account already and your plan cost is less than the balance you have. AutoPay certainly does not equal to AutoRenew. 

popping

Thanks for the info.  It is a nice benefit from PM when you are on long holiday.

This flaxiblity will allow people with current contract with couple of months to go and activate a plan with the current promo and hold on any payment up to 3 months.

If I have bill credit in my account from the current promo and disable the autopay, will PM system take my credit balance on the next renewal date?

popping

popping

@NDesai wrote:

@Steven_Edmonton wrote:

I am planning to leave the country for a month of two, but I will be back before the 90 days is up.

If I stop making payment just for a month or two, when I come back, would I lose the referral bonus or would the person who referred me lose her referral bonus?

No, you or the other party will not lose the referral bonus/reward. Only way you can lose the referral is if the other party leaves Public Mobile. 

Before you go on your vacation, make sure to disable AutoPay and remove your cc so the plan does not automatically renew. 

Nice to know. 

1.  Will you loss your current plan if you stop payment for couple of months?

2.  Do you have to pay the missing 2 months' fee before PM let you to continue?

@Steven_Edmonton wrote:

I am on the promo plan right now - $45 for 5.5GB, do I get to keep the same plan and price when I come back after stop paying for a month or two?

Yes, after expiry, your plan/number/account will stay as Suspended for 90 days. You must renew before 90 days to keep your plan/number/account.

Steven_Edmonton
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am on the promo plan right now - $45 for 5.5GB, do I get to keep the same plan and price when I come back after stop paying for a month or two?

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Steven_Edmonton wrote:

No, you or the other party will not lose the referral bonus/reward. Only way you can lose the referral reaward is if the other party leaves Public Mobile. 

Before you go on your vacation, make sure to disable AutoPay and remove your cc so the plan does not automatically renew. 

popping

Why not setup autopay and get the $2 discount. Why risk it?

Need Help? Let's chat.