cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot make long distance calls

yanqc
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

A long distance call has been cut yesterday. When I tried to call back, a voice said that I didn't have a long distance option. Though, I've had this option since I signed up with Public mobile and I never ran out :

Current Add-Ons
  • 400 min Intl Long Distance (Incl Canada & US) - $15.00

My billing cycling just happened on august 10th for the next three months and there's no way I ran out of time since I called maybe 2 or 3 times.

Am I the only one in this situation? How can this be corrected?

Thanks,

7 REPLIES 7

@paking07 wrote:

Hi i bought a  add on for international call but i cant use it i think i need to activate the long distance call. I try call but it say my plan is not included with long distance call

Buying an add on is a 2 step process:

1. Add funds to your account

2. Buy the add on

What add on did you purchase and where are you calling?

paking07

Hi i bought a  add on for international call but i cant use it i think i need to activate the long distance call. I try call but it say my plan is not included with long distance call

yanqc

Thank you for your answers, 

It makes total sense now! 

I think @popping is correct. You may have mistaken the "add-on" as a permanent thing. Add-ons are one time items added to your account. In this case, you added 400 minutes of LD and it's slowly been declining. Here's a screenshot from my account...

Screen Shot 2018-08-29 at 2.38.47 PM.png

I've now used 343 out of the 400 allotted minutes. As soon as I use up the 400th minute, this line will disappear from the My Data & Add-Ons section. More than likely if you log into your account, you won't see any LD minutes listed, as they're now used up.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@yanqc

Renewal is only renewing your 120 days plan - NOT your add-on.

Add-on minutes does not expires until all consumed.

Login to your account to check how many minutes left on your long distance add-on.

My guess that you had used all 400 minutes unless you added another long distance recently.

If you have unused long distance minutes in your add-on, send a private message to moderator for help.

Click the following link to send a private message to Community Moderators to ask for help.
Please include your PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:
- Complete mailing address,
- Email address,
- Alternate phone number,
- Date of birth,
- Last top up date & amount

Community Moderators are available from:
Monday to Friday from 9am (EDT) to 9pm (EDT)
Saturday and Sunday from 9am (EDT) to 7:30pm (EDT)

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

yanqc

Yes 

"Unlimited Provincial Talk/Appels Illimités dans la Province"

and, the +1 is already recorded in the phone number. Like I said, I never had a problem before.

KMG
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Just to confirm - do you have local calling included with your plan?

Try putting +1 in front of the number you are trying to call, that sometimes works.

Need Help? Let's chat.