cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use a public mobile sim for my Korean phone when I visit Canada?

markusos1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I will be visiting Canada this summer and need some kind of sim card.

I am coming from Korea.  I will have an unlocked Samsung Galaxy S7.

Can I buy the card at Walmart, set up an account - can I use my brother's Canadian address for the account set-up.  

I have a Canadian Credit card that I could use to pay for the plan.

Also, could I buy and use 2 sim cards and put them both under my name.  

I need one sim card for my wife's phone.  She, however, does not have a Credit card and wouldn't be able to use her korean phone to pay for the plan.

Also, if I have a tablet that can take a sim card, could I get one for the tablet as well?

So many questions - but, I don't understand this stuff too well, sorry.

2 REPLIES 2

markusos1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Excellent - thanks very much mimmo.

Um, I have quite a few different email accounts, so that should solve the problem of 2 accounts, so I could set up the account for my wife with another email acct - come to think of it, she has an email acct (it's old and she doesn't use it, but it would work.

AND, you mentioned vouchers, can I purchase a voucher at Walmart also, if so, that would be great???

Also, I understand the part about my phone working okay, with the Sim card and all, but, my Korean phone number, being an international phone number has, like, 11 digits and isn't a Canadian phone number - is that a problem.  My cellphone (we call them smartphones here!?) number is like xxx xxxx xxxx.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Each sim requires a nrw account. Each account needs a unique email address. 

There seems to be a limit of two accounts per credit card, do if you get third sim you will need a different creditcard. But you can buy a voucher (like a gift card) and use that to pay instead of credit cards.

The Samsung phone should work fine in Canada.

Need Help? Let's chat.