cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation.

Tiffenyg
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
I'm new to public mobile.

I order my sim card and went through the set up and activation. My beck account has been charged $157. 00 but the final step when I sent it through came back with a error saying. "sorry your account activation request has failed". I Recieved an email that my self serve account was more set up with my email and pin. I've tried to log in several times and it says that my password or email is wrong. Im a little frustrated that there's no number to call for customer support. I have been charged on my card but the phone isn't working.

Also just noticed this promotion for $120. 00 I'd like to have. When I was choosing my plans for 90days. Unlimited Canada wide call and unlimited text with 12gbs the total came to alot more I'd like that to be changed as well and have no idea how to as I have no phone working and cant access my accounts.

Please help!! I've sent in a email with my problem no response as of yet.
18 REPLIES 18

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@maha actually it's probably a blessing that the port didn't work and your Chatr service is still active, so you can continue to use Chatr with that phone.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

srlawren

@maha where did you check?  Your phone is note compatible as far as I can tell.

http://www.gsmarena.com/huawei_honor_6-6461.php

HSDPA 900 / 2100 - H60-L02, H60-L12, H60-L04

These are not the correct 3G frequencies and this phone will NOT work with Public Mobile, unfortunately.  You need 850 and 1900MHz.  This phone is not intended for the North American market, unfortunately.  Your phone works on Chatr but is only getting a 2G GSM signal.  Unfortunately, Telus does not operate a 2G GSM network, and PM runs on Telus' network.  Only Rogers (Rogers/Fido/Chatr) operates a GSM network in Canada.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

maha
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

Thank you for your quick response. I chose to port from my chatr phone number. I already contacted a moderator. My cellphone brand and model is Huawei Honor H60-L04, and I did not get it from any of these companies you mentioned. I also made sure that my phone is compatible with PM service. 

srlawren

Hi @maha,

1) When you activated with PM, did you port in your Chatr phone number, or choose a new number?

- if you chose to port your Chatr number and the Chatr SIM is still active, this means your port failed or is stuck and you need to contact a moderator for assistance.  Once the port is successfully completed, the Chatr account will automatically close and the Chatr SIM become inactive.

- if you activated with a new number and didn't port your Chatr number, well, this is why the Chatr account is still active.

2) You said you're getting "no service" error when you try your PM SIM card.  What brand and model (be as specific as possible please) of phone are you using?  Did you check the IMEI on http://willmyphonework.net to confirm it has compatible network support?

3) Did you get the phone from Chatr/Rogers/Mobilicity or unlocked from another source?  If it was from Chatr/Rogers/Mobilicity, have you had it unlocked yet?

maha
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I swichted from chatr to PM, and I activated my sim card. $111 has been deducted from my bank account. However, my Chatr sim card is still activated, and when I insert my PM sim card I get no service error. 

Please Help!

EltonB
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
I didnt see any Canada wide promo, just the province wide. If you choose province wide, you need the LD add on to call outside of Ontario, like Quebec or other provinces.

Tiffenyg
So it's the same pretty much. Canada wide and province talk for fall promo. I live in Ontario and dont plan on leaving lol.

EltonB
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
The difference is, if you are out of Ontario, you wont receive any calls unless u have credit on your account and will be billed for them. And when in Ontario, you cant call outside of your province.

srlawren

Hi @Tiffenyg,

Here's the short version:

- with a Canada-wide calling plan, you can make calls from anywhere in Canada, to any Canadian phone number, unlimited minutes.  Any province, any territory. 

- with a Province-wide calling plan, you are assigned a "home province" based on your phone number's area code.  For you, the home province would be Ontario.  While you are in Ontario physically, you can call any other number in Ontario, unlimited minutes.  If you want to call a number with an area code outside of Ontario, you would need to purchase a separate "long distance add-on" in order to make the call, and they are sold in bundles of 200 minutes for $8 which allows you 200 minutes of calling to anywhere in Canada and the USA while you are anywhere in Canada, or 400 minutes for $15 which allows you 400 minutes of calling to anywhere in Canada or the USA or one of 18 international countries, while you are anywhere in Canada.  If you are outside of Ontario, in order to receive calls from anywhere, you would need one of those add-ons as well.

There is much more detail here:

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Province-wide-Canada-wide-and-Long-Dis...

Hopefully that helps.

Tiffenyg
Whats the difference between the Promo plan. Of Canada wide and provincial wide? I'm in Canada Hamilton Ontario to be exact.

Tiffenyg
2hats the difference between the Promo plan. Of Canada wide and provincial wide? I'm in Canada Hamilton Ontario to be exact.

Tiffenyg
Yes one sent me a msg at 2pm.. I just replied. Nothing works still

Chaos_Scorpio
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@WearySky wrote:

@Tiffenyg wrote:

Also just noticed this promotion for $120. 00 I'd like to have. When I was choosing my plans for 90days. Unlimited Canada wide call and unlimited text with 12gbs the total came to alot more I'd like that to be changed as well and have no idea how to as I have no phone working and cant access my accounts.

Note that the $120 promo is only available for unlimited province-wide calling, not Canada-wide.  If you want Canada-wide, unfortunately, you'll have to pay a good bit more.

Two things about that. first the price is $120+ tax for that promo. 

Second if you want canada wide but the 12g I would recommend getting $8 - 200min long distance US+Canada package. Addons do not expire (unless you leave PM). A lot cheaper going that route with this plan. 

@Tiffenyg has a PM gotten back to you yet (They are quite busy because of this promo, so there may be delays). 

WearySky
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Tiffenyg wrote:

Note that the $120 promo is only available for unlimited province-wide calling, not Canada-wide.  If you want Canada-wide, unfortunately, you'll have to pay a good bit more.

srlawren

HI @Tiffenyg,

Sorry about the experience.  I see that @PhoneSeeker has "tagged" Shazia_K above, which is a way to alert the PM moderators (see: all about the PM moderators) that their assistance is required.  They are back in the office as of 9AM eastern tomorrow, so I hope you can get a response fairly soon.  Unfortuantely, they are facing very high request volumes right now and their turnaround times are temporarily higher than normal--please try to be patient.  I wish you a speedy resolution.  Cheers.

Tiffenyg
Im new to public mobile and all if this is so confusing. 😞

PhoneSeeker
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You should try private messaging a mod such as @Shazia_K . Hopefully a mod or technical support will get back to you tomorrow and fix your billing/activation issue. To private message, click on the mod's name in my post and on her page, on the right side there will be a link to private message her.

Tiffenyg
Bank account * sorry for the typos.
Need Help? Let's chat.