cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation not complete? Sorry, your 4-digit PIN was not accepted.

drewswerd
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

Not sure how else to reach support but I'm porting over a second number (1st one also still waiting on activation, with a separate error) but this time the following error showed up as I got to the last screen:

- Sorry, your 4-digit PIN was not accepted. Please visit our online Community at publicmobile.ca/community for assistance

I popped in the new simcard and seems like i can make outgoing calls, and text messaging works.  However incoming calls don't work as they still go to a voicemail i've setup from Rogers.  Should I be waiting patiently for the port to complete fully?  Would appreciate some feedback - thanks!!.  

6 REPLIES 6

drewswerd

yeah i've PMed one of the mods before my second line was resolved actually.  Just waiting to hear back.  Will see if i can grab someone online.

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I agree with @daredogg,  its best to send a private message to one of the mods with the required info for resubmitting the port request. 

Yours are genuine issues that typically need mods intervention.  Happy to hear that the first one resolved itself.  And really appreciate the understanding and patience you are showing.  But, our mods are genuinely awesome and will always try their best to help sort out your failed port.  Don't be discouraged from contacting them when there is a genuine need.  

Maybe @imm1304 can confirm, but I'm thinking you'll need the help of one of the moderators to fix this port. It sounds like it's stuck and will need to be manually pushed through.

Have you already sent a private message to one of the moderators? If not, try doing that. The easiest way to find which moderator is currently active is to check the Users Online page and move your mouse over a name with the MODtag beside the name. Even though all the moderators supposedly have access to eachother's messages, I tend to click on the one that has a low or 0 idle time. Hope that helps!

drewswerd

Thanks for the replies, yes I did read that post earlier which is why I was thinking to be patient.  Turns out patience helped out as it resolved itself and successfully ported over overnight! That was pretty smooth!

Now for my second number which is still stuck in limbo because:

- can't make incoming/outgoing calls or texts on PM SIM

- can't login or register for new account (it says my number already exists when i try to create new account, but trying to login using the email address I activated with says it does not exist)

For the second number I got an error to the affect of, 'submission has failed, please contact support community'.

At this point i'm waiting patiently for a PM reply as well, but if there's tip I can do to fix myself I'd def like to get any info.  Thanks!

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hi @drewswerd,

No, do not just wait patiently as this most likely will not resolve by itself.

You need to provide the info needed to port the number again and have PM support staff re-submit the port request.  

You can send a webmail by clicking through the "Contact Us" links from here: https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help

Enter all the info you can and proceed to the textbox and send the email.  

Or, you can write a private message to the mods.  

PS:  in your info you send, do include the IMEI number from your phone used with Rogers.  You can get the IMEI number by dialing *#06# from your phone.  

jheili99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi...

PM jusst announced an update in regards to recent happening and problems

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Doing-wireless-different-has-its-ups-and...

i would just hang in there until tomorrow and then again contact one of the moderators... i know it canbe stressful to be in a waiting loop, but once you read the announcement, it might help to ease the pain a little...

cheers

Need Help? Let's chat.