cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation issue using vouchers. Terrible start! Please help.

iba2016
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Visa debit did not work for me when I tried to activate. I bought vouchers to use instead. Once I put in the vouchers and got to the end of the process... I got very odd message. It says I successfully activated and couldn't activate at the same time. I tried two times and got welcome emails but when I try to log in it says my email address isn't in the system... and it also seems to have created two different account numbers! When I click forgot password it says my email address is not in the system.

I'm seriously regretting my decision now but I can't return these stupid vouchers!! This is the worst. What should I do?! I can't even email Public without an active account! I feel like I've just been totally ripped off. Screenshot without personal info below.

original.jpeg

2 REPLIES 2

Saray_O
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @iba2016

I'm really sorry you've been having issues with your activation. I saw your message just now.

I see that you have attempted to port your number. Could you tell me if your account with your previous service provider is still active?

I will create an temporary account with a temporary number and then I will try to port your Wind number to that account. Please do not attempt to create any more accounts. 

**Edit: could you also tell me (via private message) the value of each of the vouchers you used to top up? 

Thank you! 

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hey @iba2016,

The moderators are gone for the day, but will be online tomorrow morning at 9am.  

So, while waiting for the PM staff to resolve this, lets do basic troubleshoot.  

Have you checked if you have service on the new sim yet?  If not, put the public mobile sim card in your phone and check if you have service.  

If you do have service, then you are in luck.. you can set up the selfserve access.  

Need Help? Let's chat.