cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation Failure but charged and not full service/cant sign in

TML2016
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Was setting up an account for somebody. They need to have their phone available.

I set up the account and at the end it said "activation failed". I/We cannot log into the self serve account. It says the service expires in December instead of the three months.. we got an email from public mobile detailing some of the account signup information (which was different when than we signed up for) but cannot login. We cannot even reset a password. It appears others are also having this issue. However we do currently have texting but no data.

Anybody have a fix? Or can a mod respond (how big is the backlog?) Been waiting 2 days.. hoping this can be resolved tomorrow... they need their phone this weekend.

Thanks.

15 REPLIES 15

justin
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

you need to register again after your phone # is ported to the PM company. Type your PM phone # in the registration section then you'll receive a txt with your activation code then you'll be able to log into your account. I was having the same issue and it took me a week to figure this out!

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
The mods can easily handle it during normal times. You'll see how well it works in a couple weeks when the bacon is finally taken care of.

ppchiu

Still patiently waiting for the mods to read my message, let alone fix my issue. I understand that they are getting a huge spike of new activations but there's got to be a reasonable turnaround time for support tickets. The issue I'm having is not a minor annoyance but one without a workaround (I still can't receive calls on my ported number since I've ported 5 days ago).

PM management clearly dropped the ball here. How can the entire PM customer base be serviced by 3 mods and why haven't they added more help with the increased demand?

I went out on a limb to join PM from Fido even though they were matching this offer and have recommended many of my friends to do so as well. I hope I will not regret my decision.

gbokodi

@TML2016 wrote:

How long do we have to wait?? Day 4 

monday...maybe...we'll msg you....maybe check your inbox monday

TML2016

How long do we have to wait?? Day 4 

TML2016

yea i've sent messages to the mods but they havent even read them.

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
If she's even in tomorrow. Not every mod works everyday.

morandi1963
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@mohammedessam wrote:

same problem happened to me few hours ago, i contacted @Shazia_K and she was able to fix my account and everything is working fine now.

she is offline now, so i believe you have to wait till tomorrow and she will defiantly be able to help you.

Ok, thanks for the suggestion. I sent a PM to Shazia.

Hopefully she will be able to help us when she is back on line....

mohammedessam

@ppchiu

Just send a message to @Shazia_K and she will reply to your message tomorrow morning

I was lucky to receive a fast response

ppchiu
I have the same exact problem when I tried to activate yesterday and I have PM'ed the mods but haven't heard back yet.

How is that mohammedessam's support turnaround time is so quick?

mohammedessam

same problem happened to me few hours ago, i contacted @Shazia_K and she was able to fix my account and everything is working fine now.

she is offline now, so i believe you have to wait till tomorrow and she will defiantly be able to help you.

morandi1963
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Same problem here: 

I got  a message saying that "Sorry, your account activation request failed" but:

1. my credit card got charged for 135.60 dollars
  2. the details given by my account information are wrong: it says that next autopay is 1 dec 16,
  3. I am not able to login to the self-serve service

Please help!

Thanks!

ps. I can provide my account number to whoever can help...

mohammedessam

I had the same problem, contact @Shazia_K and she will be able to help you

Cullenmcdonald

Wait like 10 mins and try having your friend restart his phone with the sim in it and see if it works. I just did that and it works but now I can't sign in to My Account lol

Need Help? Let's chat.