cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A couple of questions before getting started

Sonvolt
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

A couple of questions for anyone who might be able to help:
1. I am currently with Telus and plan to switch to PM soon. With Telus, I have two phones on my account: one for me and one for my GF. She does not have a credit card.
I believe I read that with PM, I need to have a separate account for each phone right? So can I open a separate account for each PM sim but use the same credit card and email address for both? If not, this will be a problem as, I said, she does not have a credit card

2. Do I need to activate the sim and set up my account and get my number ported during regular business hours or can I do it at night, as I work midnight shift and am asleep all day?
Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6

Sonvolt
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks for the help everybody!

Korth
Mayor / Maire

@mimmowrote:

hu yes you need tow different email addresses.  but if you use gmail you can do name+xyz@gmail.com and that will go to name@gmail.com

you can use 1 cc for both accounts. 

@Sonvolt

You do need to use the same email address for your PM self-serve account and your PM Community login to gain community rewards.  You can always change your email settings in any of these accounts after logging in, of course, so you can just do whatever you need to do to get it working now and clean things up later.

You can use 1 credit card for as many accounts as you like.  Even my account, lol.

Don't forget to set up AutoPay reward on both accounts, and one can gain Referral reward from the other.

mtfolks
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

For sure! I’d still say make sure you know what you’re getting into as things have definitely been changing and not for the better.

Still value to be found tho. 

@mtfolkswrote:

I would consider looking around the forum a bit more before you consider changing providers. Lots of changes happening and a good number of them aren’t good or may change your decision to switch to PM. 

Just a heads up...

Sort of true. PM's pricing for new customers is generally very good. Previous transition offers, while annoying, have been quite reasonable. This last one for 2016 promo plan is the exception; hopefully not to become the rule. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

mtfolks
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I would consider looking around the forum a bit more before you consider changing providers. Lots of changes happening and a good number of them aren’t good or may change your decision to switch to PM. 

Just a heads up...

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

hu yes you need tow different email addresses.  but if you use gmail you can do name+xyz@gmail.com and that will go to name@gmail.com

you can use 1 cc for both accounts.

on the second account use the first account as a referal to save $1/month

you can port anytime. (takes 5 minutes to 2 hours)  just make sure to copy the information exatly as on the telus account

name (of telus account) account number.  get a new number assigned first then once teh phone is working properly initiate the port from self serve.

incase you need it here is my general get help

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

If you have a Porting issue, please also include:

• The number you want to port, PM sim number, old account number, old account name exacly as on bill

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Fri 9am to 9pm, and Sat-Sun 9am to 7:30pm [Totonto Time] from 9am to 7:30pm [Totonto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

Additional Useful Information:

• Search PM-GUIDE (remove "-" during the search) to find some informative posts and answers to many common questions about Public Mobile

Need Help? Let's chat.