cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$1.15 charge for no reason?

mary_emma
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

In my banking app it has a charge of $1.15 labeled as Online Purchase Public Mobile? There is nothing in my payment history except for an automatic top up on that day, but it is in the credits column, which I thought was the spot for your rewards? What would this have been taken for?

4 REPLIES 4

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Your account debit and credits are not your credit card debit and credits.

Every time money comes to your account it's is filed as credit (be it reward or charge from your cc). For your phone account to get credit from your credit card, your credit card account had to be hit with a debit

debits are charged from your account towards your plan.

Your account was$1 short of your plan so your card was charged 1+tax

You can see that in your last column after your cc was charged your balance should be exactly your plan cost

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hello @mary_emma ,

Are you on the $15 Plan?

If you just recently signed up, all the below would be applied to your 2nd 30-day cycle:

*You used a referral code when you signed up giving you ($10) on your account. 

*You signed up with auto pay giving you ($2) off your 1st 30-day cycle. 

*You signed up with auto pay giving you ($2) off your 2nd 30-day cycle. 

Above totals ($14) credit. So your credit card would be charged $1 plus 15% tax = $1.15.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mary_emma- Could it be that you had sufficient funds to cover most of your renewal, and that only $1 was needed, and that your province has 15% tax?

Remember that the tax is added when the payment is processed on your CC.  It does not show up in the payment history in PM self serve

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@mary_emma wrote:

In my banking app it has a charge of $1.15 labeled as Online Purchase Public Mobile? There is nothing in my payment history except for an automatic top up on that day, but it is in the credits column, which I thought was the spot for your rewards? What would this have been taken for?

@mary_emma  More than likely you made a $1 manual top-up payment to your account using the cc on file so the charge would be $1 plus tax. Check your payment history via selfserve to verify.

Need Help? Let's chat.