cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Not Receiving Text Messages

Dmfisher1980
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
So my us roaming package expired today and low and behold, I can send texts but no longer recieve them. Can someone help me please.
66 REPLIES 66

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@justinsnell for future reference, please just private message to the moderator_team for the most expedient service.  Here are more details for your reference:

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service? You will need to click here to send a private message to the @moderator_team for assistance. They are Public Mobile support employees who can help with your issue.

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number
  • 4 digit PIN (if you don't remember this then they will need at least 3 of the following to verify your identity)
    • account number
    • date of birth
    • complete address listed on account with postal code
    • email address on account
    • most commonly called numbers
    • alternate number listed on the account
    • last payment date and amount
    • last 4 digits of the credit card
  • Detailed explanation

When can you get help? Community Moderators are available from Mon-Thursday 9am to 9pm, and Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 9am to 7:30pm [All times in Toronto/Montreal time zone]. You can message them at any time, and they will respond as soon as possible within those working hours. More information about the community moderators.

How long will you need to wait for help? Messages are handled during business hours (see above), in the order in which they are received. Usually you will hear back within a few hours, but in peak periods, it could be as much as within 48 hours of receiving the message.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

justinsnell
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there, my wife and I both need our accounts reset again. Our US roaming just expired and neither of us can receive text messages again!  I already sent a PM to  @MarieHelene_L but if someone else is available sooner, that would be great.  I sent an important text a couple hours ago and was wondering why I hadn't heard back when I realized the glich has returned!

@Mary_M@CS_Agent

srlawren

@computer did you hear back?  I'm guessing this has already resolved itself, whether or not you heard back.  If not, try rebooting, and get someone to send you a test message to see if you get it.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

computer

Not receiving  texts after USA plan ended here message sent to Moderators

This is not a good thing guys 😞

MarieHelene_L
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Awesome @justinsnell

In fact, this is a known glitch that usually gets self-resolved within 12-24 hours of your roaming package expiring. So you can either wait for things to self-resolve themselves, or you can contact us and we'll manually make the adjustments, just like I did today 🙂

Marie

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, PIN etc... This is a public forum!*

justinsnell

I can confirm both are up and running again. Thanks again @MarieHelene_L for your help! In the future, is there anything I can do to reset from my end, or will I need to get someone from Public Mobile to do a reset from their end?

MarieHelene_L

@justinsnell

Awesome to hear Justin, thanks for the confirmation! 

Have a nice day yourself Cat Very Happy 

Marie

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, PIN etc... This is a public forum!*

justinsnell

Yes, it works now! Thanks, @MarieHelene_L!. My wife hasn't had a chance to check her phone yet but I assume it will be working now as well. Have a good day!

MarieHelene_L

Sorry about that @justinsnell!

I just tried something else. Could you reboot once again and test? I'm confident you should be good to go now 🙂

Marie

justinsnell

Hi @MarieHelene_L, thanks for the quick reply. I just reset both our phones.  Unfortunately, they are still not receiving texts. Bummer

MarieHelene_L

Hey @justinsnell

I just replied to your private message a few minutes ago! Please reboot you and your wife's phone and everything should be back to normal 🙂

Marie

justinsnell

I have the same problem. My wife and I both had our US roaming plans end today and neither of us can receive texts.  I already sent a PM to @Mary_M with our phone numbers. If this could be fixed sooner than having to wait and miss 24 hours worth of texts, that would be great!

dyno

DId a reboot this morning and it did self-resolve.  Hope you have the same luck.  Thanks to Moderator Marie for her assistance 🙂 

srlawren

@Kelbit yeah usually it does but good that you got in the queue, just in case.  Please keep us posted.

Kelbit

@srlawren Thanks! I'd already messaged the mods. Hopefully it'll clear itself up.

srlawren

@Kelbit should resolve itself within 24 hours (try rebooting tomorrow morning and re-testing).  If it doesn't, use this link to send a private message to the moderator team for assistance.  They may need to re-push something to your phone to resolve.

Kelbit

Same issue, went to Portland last week and bought a 10 day roaming package. Been back in Canada since Sunday, and my roaming package expired this afternoon. Ever since then I have not been able to receive incoming text messages.

dyno

Looks like this is still an issue.  Phone is not receiving texts.  It does receive MMS but not SMS.  I had activated a US Roaming package last Friday.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @jpatel01,

thank you for reaching out to us !

Has the issue been resolved? This type of situation has been present but rest assured that our team is looking for a permanent fix. In the meantime, feel free to send us a private message and we can double check to make sure everything is in order 🙂

Respectfully,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

jpatel01

experiencing the exact same issue after a US add on expiration.  If al these issues go back over 6 months, should this not have been fixed?  I really hope I didnt miss any important messages.  Loking to have this fixed but I guess 24hr reset may be quicker then having it looked into.

rrturner

OK, thanks for the tip; I'll try a direct message.

@rrturner wrote:

@Mary_M

Still haven't heard anything from anyone; just making sure this isn't getting lost in the shuffle!

Thanks everyone.

It's not clear to me if you have contacted the mods with a private message? (as a reminder: How to contact a moderator. ) This is their prefered method of contact. Posts in a topic that is already marked as solved might be easier overlooked even if tagged.

The mods have a higher than usual work load due to the Freedom promo offer and it's associated issues. They will get back to you as soon as they can but it will definitely take longer than usual. Your patience is appreciated.

rrturner

@Mary_M

Still haven't heard anything from anyone; just making sure this isn't getting lost in the shuffle!

Thanks everyone.

rrturner

@Mary_M

OK, so way back in April, when all of the above work was done in an effort to try to fix my wife and my US Roaming problem upon our return, some PM tecks behind the scenes where rebooting our phones, doing some resets, etc.  As a background, I had originally received the refer-a-friend bonus for referring my wife back in November.  As a result, I received a bunch of texts from the phone number '100' on April 4th, saying I lost my refer a friend, then congrats for getting a refer a friend, etc, as they tried to fix the problem.  I just realized that it ended at the "so sorry, your refer a friend reward will be less" message, despite being told all would return to normal.  Also, it showed a $-3 friend referrals on my May 9 bill.  I'm looking for a mod to look into this, and repair it.

I only noticed this because I referred another friend last night, and his number did show up in my rewards section, but my wife's number was no longer there!!

Thanks,

Ryan

srlawren

Hi @Arcel, this issue when it happens usually resolves itself after about 24 hours.  Please try power-cycling (powering off and then back on) your phone and get someone to send you a test message to see if it's working. If not, please use the links at the bottom of this reply to learn how to locate and contact a community moderator (PM support employee) for assistance. They are well aware of the issue and how to address it at that end to push the solution if it hasn't already resolved itself by now.  

Arcel
Same thing happen to me, not receiving txt after US roaming expires

Arcel
Im having the same issue here. My US roaming expired today, and Im not receiving txt messages.

rrturner
Probably not what you want to hear, but I found the best solution was to wait until the next morning...rollover if some tech-thing happens overnight. If it's still.an issue, just let any mod know!

Arcel
This is also happening to me. I can send txt messages but I am not receiving txt.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

It's my pleasure! @Aljanes

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **
Need Help? Let's chat.