cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No data near Renewal

surf99992001
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Good Day all!

So once I got ported in I had a seamless problem free three months. It was great!  But today, I got a text today about payment due.  I am on Dynamic auto-pay on my account, which renews on the 31st.  (So I ignored text which it said to do).  All of a sudden tonight. I have no data??  Super strong -75 signal, five bars.  Have powered down, and done the iphone reset.  No idea why this would have occurred. And yeah, cellular data is turned on.. lol

Any tips?  Cheers!

12 REPLIES 12

@stonechucker wrote:

I don't think @Luddite has a trick up his sleeve, it's a 50' semi truck filled to the hilt with advice, pre-formatted to be posted next to instantaneously.

yeah, Luddite is that guy....

Well, not quite a truck. Here I am updating the storage of my repeatable posts. The interface to our forum is a little tricky, and time consuming. 😎

ColossusRebuild_11.jpg

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Luddite it must require approval.  @Shazia_K are you able to see Luddite's presumably-draft KB article on data troubleshooting?  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@srlawren Created an kb article; no idea what happens next or how one become approved.

srlawren

@surf99992001 VPN app caused it--I hadn't thought of that one before.  @Luddite can you add it to your awesome list?  PS Luddite could you make that listing it's own thread in maybe the KB area (can we post there?--I forget) or else the Phones & Hardware maybe?  Then it's easier for anyone, yourself included, to link back to when replying to people with data issues. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @surf99992001

Thank you for letting us know that you were able to get your data working 🙂 Glad to hear it!

Enjoy your week,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

SD08

Those aren't mutually exclusive.  More like he's dressed in the trench coat while driving the 50' semi.

I don't think @Luddite has a trick up his sleeve, it's a 50' semi truck filled to the hilt with advice, pre-formatted to be posted next to instantaneously.

yeah, Luddite is that guy....

SD08

Pssst!  Luddite has a post to cover every situation.  He's always ready because he's got one of those trench coats with a hundred pockets and a trick up each sleeve.  Smiley LOL 

surf99992001

@Luddite I am so copying your list, so when coworkers say, "Steve" my data is not working, I'll send them your list lol!

surf99992001

Wasn't used to having data allotment over three month.  So conserved unecessarily to conserve data and only used 5 GB of 12 GB for the period lol.  

When got home and connected to wifi it showed my vpn was on, even though program wasn't running. Once loaded VPN app, and then disconnected VPN, data worked as usual cellularly (<- is that a word lol)

Didn't mean to post, but I was legitimately stumped for an hour or so there!

Thanks all!

srlawren

@surf99992001 I'm betting you've used up all your data for the current (soon to expire) cycle, as @Luddite suggested.  You can tell by signing into your self-serve account, and on the Overview page you land on after singing in, scroll down to the My Add-ons section.  If you see something like 4007/6144 MB used, then you have data left, but if you instead see no mention of your data in the My Add-ons, it means you have used up your plan amount for this cycle.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Assuming calling/texting still work, login to you account and check your data has not been completely used. If just data is the issue here is my long checklist: 

- connects with wifi?

- cellular data turned on?

- confirm data is included in your plan

- go to settings, then general-profile and make sure that there is no existing profile, if there is a profile delete it

- check network is not set to 2G; use auto, 3G, or LTE

- check for operating system updates

- data not used up?

- APN settings correct (APN setup)?

- delete current APN, and re-enter settings

- toggle airplane mode off/on

- reset all network settings; you will need to add back wifi passwords after that.

- remove any VPNs

- remove sim for 5 minutes, then install and reboot

- try sim in another phone and a good sim in your phone

- is it all apps that use data or just the browser not connecting?

- phone make/model for specific ideas?

- if dual sim use LTE/3G slot

- LAST desperate measure when all else fails; erase all data and restore phone to factory settings

Need Help? Let's chat.