cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jonavin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: My ranking went up

Probably how many bravos you give is just as important, or the ratio between the give and gets. 

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

@Jonavin there was another analysis thread and I am convinced that unique users also plays a part in it

When 2 posters game system and give each other 100 bravos it seems to not count anywhere near as much as 50 randoms each handing over 2 bravos

Jonavin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@kav2001c That's probably true, but the algorythm might not give much credit to people who give each other bravos for diversity reasons. We may not even be gaming the system but if like-minded folks posts on common threads, they will generally give each other bravos because they agree with the posts. There is no intentional gaming of the system, but you still end up with two are more users giving each other an excessive amount of bravos. So the unique number of individuals that give you bravos to are important, even if no one is trying to cheat the system.

will13am
Oracle

@Someone_here wrote:

Looking through my history on my notification board and comparing timing, and from what I understand by looking at lot of people registration date, posts, bravos, solutions and rank, here what it can look like at first with "normal"(?) participation:

• Subscribing:                                          New in town
  • 1st post:                                                Great Neighbour
  • 1 week + at least approx. 5 posts :       Good Citizen
  • 2 months + at least app. 35 posts :       Great Citizen
  • 3 months + at least app. 100 posts:      Model Citizen
  • 4-6 months + at least app. 500 posts:  Town Hero
  • 4-6 months + at least app. 800 posts:   Deputy Mayor
  • 4-6 months + at least app. 1000 posts: Mayor

However from data it doesn't look like it's actually related to amount of posts/solutions/bravos... I am guessing it might be related to some specific badges or a total amount of badges...?

Capture d’écran 2017-05-02 à 21.16.59.png

Finally, I seem to go up two steps and one down at the same time... ? 😉

Looks like this is very accurate.  I just past the 6 month mark with over 1000 posts.  I was a deputy mayor for a day and now I am a mayor.  I guess skipping ranks is not allowed.  The only remaining step now is oracle.

Wonder_why
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Congrats dude keep up the good works 

Someone_here
Mayor / Maire

Hey apparently I am now Model Citizen 🙂

As for idea about what triggered it: the two things that happened just before in my notification feed are Bravoes received, and I am now at 70 Bravoes, so it might be part of the equation. But I don't really understand it's too early for me to be Model Citizen according to my theories... lol

Halfdome
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I spend quite a bit of time reading the community forums and have posted a few replies and was rather pleased this morning to see that I received a bonus.  I have been so impressed by the amount of information here and how people are willing to help others with their problems.   

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Someone_here wrote:

Hey apparently I am now Model Citizen 🙂

As for idea about what triggered it: the two things that happened just before in my notification feed are Bravoes received, and I am now at 70 Bravoes, so it might be part of the equation. But I don't really understand it's too early for me to be Model Citizen according to my theories... lol

@Someone_here

Your list may need further updating.  I made it to deputy mayor with significantly fewer than 800 posts.  Smiley Happy

Someone_here
Mayor / Maire

@SD08 wrote:
@Someone_here

Your list may need further updating.  I made it to deputy mayor with significantly fewer than 800 posts.  Smiley Happy

Great 🙂 Good job!

When did that happened? Can you post a screenshot of your notification board including the notification telling you you became Deputy Mayor as well as a couple of notification that happened just before?

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Someone_here

Sure, though I'm not sure it will shed much light in this case.  FYI, I had around 750 posts and just under 1200 bravos, and ranked up to Deputy Mayor after 12:06 AM on May 12th (6 mths after I joined).  You can ignore that extra notification that I ranked up to Town Hero, as I'd already reached that rank since March 13th (4 mths).  

PM_Rank_DeputyMayor_May12-2017.jpg

Need Help? Let's chat.