cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why is Bestbuy Store Not allowed to buy other brand gift cards by Bestbuy gift card?

chch518
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

why is Bestbuy Store Not allowed to buy other brand gift cards by Bestbuy gift card?
Last month, I went to Bestbuy store and switched my Bestbuy gift cards to Esso gift cards, why is it not allowed to this month? 

Since Esso gift cards can fill up the gas, buy Public mobile vouchers as well.

any alternatives?

5 REPLIES 5

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@chch518 

Try buying again with different cashier at BB .  It may be just one cashier.  BB cash register may still let cashier to by other GC with BB GC.

I collect Air Miles at Safeway/Sobeys West.  Sometime, they have promotion get 100 AM with $150 Sobeys GC purchase.  100 AM = $10.52.  Then, I use the Sobeys GC to purchase Home Depot or Lowes GC at the Safeway store near me.  I asked a Sobeys cashier whether I can buy HD GC using Sobeys GC?  She asked the store manager and the answer was no.  Next day, I went to the same Sobeys store and use Sobeys GC to purchase HD GC without any issue.  Then, I figured out that if the cash register let the cashier to buy other brand GC.  It is just the cashier giving me hard time.

chch518

I went to Canadian Tire store location: 2025 Kipling Ave, Etobicoke, ON M9W 4J8.

I saw there are a bunch of wireless provider on the same card including PM.

When I tried to buy it, the cashier did not know how to do it. 

what a shame! 

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@chch518 

Must be their “policy”

Home Depot won’t let you buy more Home Depot gift cards with a Home Depot gift card. 

SportChek WILL let you buy more SportChek gift cards with a SportChek gift card. 

Ie. You have a gift card with $18 left on it and you are short on cash or don’t like the store or don’t intend make any purchase in the near future. You have some gifts to buy and you know that they like shopping there. You cash in the $18 and add $32 to it and give a $50 gift card. Home Depot is so dumb. And it is well known that the consumer with a gift card will purchase more than the value of the card. 

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@chch518  places for Public Mobile

Screenshot_20220201-111908_Chrome.jpg

chch518

how many places are there selling public mobile vouchers, Esso, PetroCanada? 

Need Help? Let's chat.