cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will You Stay With PM because of their decision or Not? What would you want now to be at PM?

fixin
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I am on the Points System, so it wouldn't matter at all, but I will stay for the company because Freedom is limited coverage and only up to 100mbps on nationwide, and that I will like a company that has rewards.

I want to see now or coming soon:

1. Wi-Fi calling
  2. Fix the PM self serve website & app (To somewhat mimic the Telus design but in PM colours)
  3. 1 point = $1
  4. Fix the Call Forwarding function
  5. Fix the credit card change function
  6. Allow sign up on website (Even with eSIM it'll display a QR code on the screen)
  7. Autopay rewards
  8. 1 point increase every year
  9. 1 point increase every year for every month (Loyalty Rewards)
  10. Multiple lines on one account
6 REPLIES 6

Brianna182
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Im happy to stay as long as the price is good and the service is acceptable, but they definitely need to fix their systems. It's totally unacceptable to have a web based customer service and encourage self serve while having a non functional website and app.

@fixin  That’s interesting and I see at bottom of the page Koodo offering win back deals 50GB for $29 . But yet loyal PM customers can’t have that same 50GB for $27 no more . Sure hope the greedy  decision makers for Telus  find this move turns out to be the worst business decision they ever make and cost them financially and send their customers into the arms of their competitors 

fixin

@Handy1 - There will absolutely be price hikes because Telus higher ups 'think' that we don't really care if there is a price hike, but also iPhone in Canada released released an article now: https://www.iphoneincanada.ca/2024/03/11/public-mobile-users-protest-rewards-cut-ccts/

@fixin  Exactly and don’t put it past them . I mean even Koodo is hiking the price $5 for those that jumped in there last Black Friday promo 30GB for $29 . That was just monthes ago and even freedom 50GB $34 plan mentions that’s with. 24 moth discount . So I think the $34 plan will see this price hike before long . Once one starts doing it the rest follow suit . But as a customer of PM right now I just feel like they are the ones being caught with the “hot patatoe” and makes your kneee jerk reaction to seek an alternative carrier . 

fixin

@Handy1 - As far as I know, they are going to fumble themselves over with the $140 per CCTS complaint (Even if it isn't passed)

As for the thoughts of it I would put Wi-Fi calling #1 and everything else just something to add on the list.

TELUS currently has 10.5 million subscribers on Mobility (Koodo and PM included), probably will lose around 0.25+ of subscribers.

But if they increase $5 for everyone (Even people who are on points) I will be complaining to the CCTS and or porting out of Public Mobile looking for a better deal.

If they start sinking the boat more (Price increases, plan allotment decreases), then they will have 0 subscribers left.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@fixin  I will stay only because of the referrals I have . If not for that I’d bounce and encourage those  that don’t to do the same especially if it’s for a better priced plan . But at this point I think it be funny once they switch everyone to points . And say now fair  is fair all our customers are only on points no more legacy rewards . Then out the other side of their mouth they say however now we are hiking all plans up $5 so everyone in the same boat . To help pay to fix website and all the CCTS complaints that are going to be submitted . To only have that many more customers leave in anger . Just be funny to witness PM shoot itself in the foot . With fumble after fumble . As for the features you like to see come . Yea I agree it would be nice but only if that costs customers another silly price hike of $5 per account . It really dosent come down to the money for me as much as it boils down to expectations. And my expectations where I would keep my loyalty discount as long as I remained active . I’ve certainly lost my lustre for PM over this and if they go through with it which I suspect they will and not anything we can do to “ stop the steal”  then yea watching the ship sink would bring me lil bit of joy 🤩 

Need Help? Let's chat.