cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who is taking the cup this year Folks? (Stanley Cup that is) Predictions please

Mattredwingsfan
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Huge Red Wings fan here in case my name didn't give it away,

Just curious to see what teams you guys cheer for, or what predictions do you have for the Stanley Cup Final,

Mine is Las Vegas and Boston  (With Vegas taking it in 6)

21 REPLIES 21

Bullet77
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I am taking Tampa Bay Lightening.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dude65 wrote:

Even tho Tampa Lay Lighning won the cup in the Edmonton bubble, the roster has 16 cdn players. The rest of the roster is made up of 15 player from 5 other countries. 

The American city gets all the glory and bragging rights though.

dude65

Even tho Tampa Lay Lighning won the cup in the Edmonton bubble, the roster has 16 cdn players. The rest of the roster is made up of 15 player from 5 other countries. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hilarious.

I don't watch hockey. I don't follow hockey. I barely have a thought towards the Canucks any more. I stopped cold turkey when they lost in 2011. I just finally had enough of the reffing. Either side. The whistle goes away for the cup final. Stupid little calls are randomly made though. One could go all conspiracy theory too. That and just more than enough "faith" and "believe" that cheering for whatever sports team is like a certain other kind of belief.

I know, I'm a bad Canadian.

So this was just a silly joke I made back in my earlier post here when I looked to see who was in and wrote my post.

Hilarious.

Congrats yet another American team.

CFPartDeux
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Well, there ya go Nuckles fans - they live to play another day, and the playoff rookie goalie saves their bacon 👍 ..... hopefully he can do it a couple more times.

CFPartDeux

@dude65 wrote:

I dont come often to the lounge, but now the playoffs are midway through the 2nd round. Having watched a lot of hockey so far, Vegas GK, looks very strong

Agreed.

, probably going to win it.

As good a choice as any right now, but it seems a wee bit early to make that prediction.

If NYI get past the flyers, they will be in the finals

You're discounting Tampa(or MAYBE Boston, although at this point that seems unlikely)..... thinkin' they'll lay an egg AGAIN? 🤔

cosmos009
New in Town / Nouveau en Ville

Let's go Golden Knights!!!

dude65

I dont come often to the lounge, but now the playoffs are midway through the 2nd round. Having watched a lot of hockey so far, Vegas GK, looks very strong, probably going to win it. If NYI get past the flyers, they will be in the finals

@CFPartDeux

Dougie! Dougie! Dougie!.......that brings back memories when we lived at "180" west 17th.....when my roommate Ron the Rocketman discovered his cat Bartman was a girl by having 3 kittens in his bathtub. He hadnt noticed she was prego because she was a orange long hair tabby. Two of her kittens were adopted but the runt of litter ended up staying and was named Gilmour after that last cup was hoisted on native land. Gilmour ended up running away the night before he was scheduled for THE appointment at the vet. He was just gone.....he knew what was up and he never looked back!

CFPartDeux

@Mattredwingsfan wrote:

the one and only 93 and I don't mean Doug Weight

Well, when you type something like, "their run in 1993 with Dougie", you're making a lot of assumptions that anybody reading that is going to know to whom you're referring. I was merely confirming the identity of who I THOUGHT you were talking about. 🤔

, I loved that whole run they had, Felix the Cat, Doug "Killer" Gilmore hell even Todd Gill lol

While it WAS pretty good, I liked the Habs' run much better, with Guy Carbonneau throwin' a blanket over Gretzky, Patrick Roy keepin' the biscuit outta the basket, and 11 overtime wins, which I don't see ever happening again. 😉 👍

Mattredwingsfan

the one and only 93 and I don't mean Doug Weight, I loved that whole run they had, Felix the Cat, Doug "Killer" Gilmore hell even Todd Gill lol

CFPartDeux

@Mattredwingsfan wrote:

@gpixelNo originally from Toronto but outside of their run in 1993 with Dougie could never bring myself to cheer for the Leafs and Yzerman always had heart and stuck with them ever since.

Ah, 1993, a very good year for watchin' hockey..... I recently enjoyed rewatching the 5 games of the final from that year, since Sportsnet has broadcast a bunch of "vintage" hockey. Quite liked seeing all those shots go past Kelly Hrudey's pads, in a fashion that would RARELY happen nowadays, what with all the goalies employing the "butterfly" style.

As for the reference to "Dougie" above, should we assume you meant Doug Gilmour? A keeper of a player for sure - had to like his talent AND his desire to win. 👍

Anonymous
Not applicable

Having been away from this time on a trip in my time machine, I remembered oh yeah that 2020 was a weird year. At the time, I thought it might be interesting to see who won the Cup that year. So I looked it up and Tampa won it that year. So there you go...the answer to the topic. Just thought I'd make that easier on everybody since no one can predict the future. So I went and found the facts. No prediction needed. No cheering. No wishing. Just the facts ma'am.

🙂

Mattredwingsfan

@gpixelNo originally from Toronto but outside of their run in 1993 with Dougie could never bring myself to cheer for the Leafs and Yzerman always had heart and stuck with them ever since.

CFPartDeux

@darlicious wrote:

NUCKS it is....cmon get behind the last canadian left! We want the Cup! We want the Cup!

LOL, every time my wife says that part in bold, I do a little looking, and compare the rosters..... Vegas - 18 Canadians..... Vancouver - 11 Canadians! 😜

But I'll go along with that anyway, since it's about time the long suffering Canucks fans FINALLY get a Cup..... how 'bout a rematch with Boston, so some of the 2011 roster can feel better too?

@CFPartDeux 

NUCKS it is....cmon get behind the last canadian team left! We want the Cup! We want the Cup!

@CFPartDeux 

They were the last canadian team to win the cup....i seem to remember montrealers rioted too...but for a win instead of a loss.🤔

CFPartDeux

@darlicious wrote:

@CFPartDeux 

Could you hedge any more bets?

Ok, let's add a possibility of Dallas from the west, and Philly, Montreal, & the Islanders from the east...... you feel better now!? 😜 🤣  Like I said, too difficult to predict, given that ANYTHING can happen..... any fans of the Habs can tell you that, given that neither of the last two Cups they got were at all predictable.

@CFPartDeux 

Could you hedge any more bets? Maybe it's the canucks year....a socially distant riot has less appeal.

CFPartDeux

Fan of these guys:

Canadiens6.jpg

As for predictions in the final.... too difficult to predict, but I'd say from the west it'll likely be one of Vegas, Colorado, Vancouver, or St. Louis, and from the east, one of either Tampa or Boston.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

41ffRA5iXUL._AC_.jpg

@Mattredwingsfan are you originally from Detroit?

Need Help? Let's chat.