Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top Contributors 2021 - The Lounge

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community, 

Thank you to everyone who contributed to the great conversations this month! 

We'd like to encourage community members to congratulate other members and share comments under this thread. However, we will keep the Top Contributors announcement featured.

Thanks again for all your amazing support! 😁

- Public Mobile Team 

150 REPLIES 150

Anonymous
Not applicable

@softech wrote:

.. Should I come here to congrats our Class of Oct 2021?  🤣

...And enjoy it get summarily dumped to the lounge. 🙂

Congrats all reward recipients.

.. and PM is so lazy not to create a new thread but to direct us back to this old Sept one??

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Congratulations to all who received a community reward for October 2021 and thanks to all contributors for helping out.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

.. Should I come here to congrats our Class of Oct 2021?  🤣

@sa7375 wrote:

Indeed, not all Bravos are the same. A Bravo earned in offering a solution in the community cannot, and should not, be equated with a Bravo earned on Top Contributors. Those who work hard, 24/7, helping and offering solutions to community members certainly appreciate this more than anyone else.

@J_PM 

Folks seem to forget that PM is using a simple platform with simple tools to provide what is suppose to be a simple incentive to participate in the forums. And it is not their own platform that they can alter to their desires, nor do they likely have much of a budget for such development.

So take it for what it is. Stop complaining about divying up the tiniest of money that PM chooses to divy up. For PM it is just throw-away money to stimulate participation....

I have never seen so much complaining about how a company decides to give away discounts, coupons, etc... and forget that this is part of PM's marketing tool.

So much fuss.... and sadly, PM caved to the whining...

sa7375
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Indeed, not all Bravos are the same. A Bravo earned in offering a solution in the community cannot, and should not, be equated with a Bravo earned on Top Contributors. Those who work hard, 24/7, helping and offering solutions to community members certainly appreciate this more than anyone else.

@J_PM 

fdrcamb519
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Thank you to everyone who contributed to the great conversations

danielj
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Congratulations to all contributors. Let us continue to strive for the community and Public Mobile to improve as a whole.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious wrote:

@Anonymous 

Lol.....calling me out on a missed typo when @ShawnC13 reply took 4 reads to get the gist of  what he meant to convey? Geez.....😃😉!!

@darlicious : Whoa! That was all about ShawnC13's post...not yours. That's was my thinking too ...4 times...not you.

@ShawnC13 

Yes.....and that is why I have always tried to start discussion threads about related topics about phones and their features, the community and/or its rewards etc....that more often than not get bounced to the lounge. "Phone" related topics should be allowed in the main forum not only for exposure but to give new members ghe opportunity to contribute without fear of being "wrong" and giving all members the opportunity to participate. Otherwise what you get is 35 posts of the same answer....there are many regular members who simply do not visit the lounge period because there is no value in it for them......because there is no reward to be "earned". 

Their help is not as altruistic as they may claim it is instead directly tied to them earning a set reward. They know it....they just don't admit it.😃

@darlicious wrote:

@Anonymous 

I agree. Even as @ShawnC13  alludes to in the past about the lower reward amounts the actual rewards handed out were triple (in number)what they are now and the $ amount hovered around $1000 a month. With the community rewards averaging $420 per month and $180 of that going to the Oracle Team ( that would be the equivalent of 30 oracles back in the day!) the drop in number of rewards per badge level really do not reflect the amount of volunteer time given helping out.

@darlicious, that could be due to the number using the community.  There were hundreds of new threads daily with issues from the fall promo and even after that it continued to be very busy.  Lately, there haven't been that many threads and I don't think there are as many people actively participating.  Some may say it is because the rewards are fewer but on the other hand are the other members suffering with not enough people here to answer their questions.  I still think people are getting great service.  

I understand if the rewards get pushed out even further to more people but they need to be active so now we can have threads that have 35 posts telling the person what will help.  This doesn't help the forum and people get turned off because people are repeating just to get a reward.  I am sure it is a fine line that PM is trying to find to balance on.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@darlicious wrote:

@Anonymous 

Lol.....calling me out on a missed typo when @ShawnC13 reply took 4 reads to get the gist of  what he meant to convey? Geez.....😃😉!!

@darlicious LOL I just read it and I guess that is what happens when I use my phone lol

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@darlicious , I am surprise, I know you take time to reply.. I can't believe you will make a spelling mistake too.. at least, it's only spelling not grammatical, no need to take ESL with you friend together 🤣😂

@Anonymous 

@Anonymous  @darlicious  @J_PM 

That is why this WHOLE move to the Lounge is truly counter-productive, whether anyone, including PM, admits it or not. I do not see how any of this will increase forum participation overall. Giving away "easy" money would... despite what others feel about the "unfairness" of it (such a misguided concept in this context, IMO).

If PM simply allowed the old way and simply admitted that they were/are willing to make it easy for some to get low hanging fruit just to keep the community engaged, this whole discussion would have gone away instantly .... and would continue to keep engagement for VERY LITTLE COST! Not much different than giving away discounts or coupons... some get them, some don't, just for hanging around and participating a little.

(but instead, the whiners seem to have gotten their way).

Instead, PM will have to find new creative ways to get more people involved. Just watch.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious wrote:

alludes to

Could use some grammar and spelling for all that alluding... 🙂 Sounds like somebody else we're all familiar with. 🙂

@Anonymous 

I agree. Even as @ShawnC13  alludes to in the past about the lower reward amounts the actual rewards handed out were triple (in number)what they are now and the $ amount hovered around $1000 a month. With the community rewards averaging $420 per month and $180 of that going to the Oracle Team ( that would be the equivalent of 30 oracles back in the day!) the drop in number of rewards per badge level really do not reflect the amount of volunteer time given helping out.

If based on stats alone the top 1% should have 3 or 4 recipients, around 8 in the top 5% and 10 to 12 in the top 10%. That would bring us back to the average numbers in the latter half of 2019 and most of 2020. The assumption of the increase of the oracle team from 5 to 9 members has not corresponded in an increase of oracle help on the forum and a decrease in regular community members help. When the top 1% rewardees do more work than the entire oracle team does on the community forum (not talking about BOH work) and the top 4 or 5 members statisically accomplish more than 75% of the solutions there is an inequity in community rewards.

Increasing the $ amount rewarded by even $100 and the trickle down effect of including a few more members in the next level up would encourage more participation. As @pm-smayer97 has insisted a major part of the community is a marketing tool and the more participants that visit it daily, weekly or even monthly eventually helps public mobile's bottom line.

The rewards are nice but really just a bonus.  I wider how many would out in the time they do not is the rewards were what they used to be. Where the top non Oracle reward was $6.  I feel the regular top contributors would still be here

Anonymous
Not applicable

@J_PM : So with the concerted effort to cut down on frivolous posting/bravos...maybe you could increase the numbers of each category reward winners. Like more getting the $15, more $10, more $5, more $2, more $1. So like shift the reward earnings up and allow more in the $1. That would entice more of those scraping in for the $1 to participate more.

It has been observed for a while now that the total dollars being rewarded have been dropping.

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Everyone, 

We appreciate all your feedback.

We understand it's a new and different way to congratulate and discuss the Top Contributors announcement. However, through extensive research on this topic, and because rewards are percentile, we feel this approach is a fair way to mitigate tiers from being bumped.

Furthermore, we will continue to use The Lounge forum to congratulate members for their contributions to the Community. We appreciate your support!

Thank you, 

Jade

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@BlueB wrote:

@dabr 

I agree, some variety would probably help.  In all honesty though, my brain would likely filter our all that "noise" anyway (as it does for advertising) and I would likely focus just on the statistics.  However, now that I know they're going to be doing this, I'll actually look for the link too.  I've heard that 50% of our brain's creativity goes towards filtering all the noise around us... 😞

@BlueB   Lol...well if that's true and supposedly we only mostly use about 10% of our brain on any given day anyhow and after the filtering out of 50%, there's not much left it seems!  😆

BlueB

@dabr 

I agree, some variety would probably help.  In all honesty though, my brain would likely filter our all that "noise" anyway (as it does for advertising) and I would likely focus just on the statistics.  However, now that I know they're going to be doing this, I'll actually look for the link too.  I've heard that 50% of our brain's creativity goes towards filtering all the noise around us... 😞

@AE_Collector, just wondering what the unimprovements are of moving that thread to the lounge?  It has increased exposure to all the diverse topics in the lounge as people are visiting here for the first time.  While there has been some that disagree I am still seeing many people who are with the location of the thread now.

@softech wrote:

thanks @darlicious for the extra work for the team every month. 

Can PM make another Badge or title just for you?  Maybe Premier or   Honorary Mayor ??

“Public Mobile Greeter”

Good job as always everyone!

Who was it who said that you “Get what you pay for”? PM gets a lot more than that….

Since “Change is in the Air”.. Now is maybe time to launch some serious plan improvements so that PM isn’t left in too much dust from other providers. Happy enough here but it’s time for some meaningful changes and  improvements to go along with meaningful un-improvements such as this relocation to the lounge.

AE_Collector

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@BlueB wrote:

@dabr 

I'm sure it has to do with that the link is hard-enough to find and extra work that I almost gave up on as well!  🙂

@BlueB   Fair point and yes that announcement has always been TLDR for most users and they probably only give it a quick glance most times anyways.  

Perhaps the link to this thread could be highlighted (font colour?) in addition to just being bolded in the official announcement.

BlueB

@dabr 

I'm sure it has to do with that the link is hard-enough to find and extra work that I almost gave up on as well!  🙂

BlueB

@jib_tech @esjliv 

I had the same problem... it's embedded in the original announcement but definitely TLDR!

jib_tech
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Found it! This took some hunting down! What does a guy gotta do to get a drink around here?

Whew okay then " Congrats Everybody on a job well done! You deserve a drink!"

Congratulations to everyone who earned rewards and for getting discounts on their plans.  

Dtack
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Congratulations to all those who received the Top Contributors for September - It took me awhile to get here ...but your assistance is always so helpful and so appreciated!  Thank you!

Need Help? Let's chat.