cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The "Rewards" Program.

jbthesnitch
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello.

First off.. I'd like to say for over 5 years... and 4 (currently active)  accounts and  I've had nothing but good things to say about Public Mobile.

Until now.

Your new "rewards" program  that I was forced into  is not much of a  "reward"  I lost all my loyalty credits and referral credits, and even the auto payment credits.

which has now put my bill up  $15.00

and one of my other accounts up $10.00.

This is how you treat loyal customers?.  your point system does nothing for me.

So.. now.. please..  show me how you plan to retain me and my 4 accounts as a customer?

Because as of right now, I'm shopping.

8 REPLIES 8

Fire-Dragon
New in Town / Nouveau en Ville

They are not punishing, they raised prices, this is what's happening.

I've been 8 years in Canada and while you can get deals by calling, the "minimum price" for a phone plan with 1GB/month is always $40. Public Mobile is lower than that, so it bothers the bigger companies.

If you notice, whatever happens they will keep the bill up even if they increase GB and minutes.
I find insane that the efficiencies gained in 8 years haven't lowered the phone bills further. In Italy you can get 50GB for $7. Here to get 1GB per month you have to pay $30 essentially.

Anyway, the drop in the rewards program pushed me toward shopping again.

TYCheng

Thank you for your information 

@TYCheng wrote:

Does this reward points apply to the bill automatically?

@TYCheng 

Unfortunately, no.  Customers can redeem 15 points for $15 bill credit.  So, it will take some time to build up the points and then convert to bill credit. 

Pedror1978

It is funny to see so many people bashing Public Mobile for screwing over all their loyal customers to make it easier for them to get ones. They said "SCREW YOU" to anyone who has been here for years only to say "Welcome" to the new customers. They only did this to screw all of us over and to make a ton of money off of the loyal customers before they notice. Once they get your money they no longer what happens to you or whether you switch companies. Just look at it this way. Basically every phone company is owned by the same individuals. It doesn't matter which you choose. They will all screw you over after 3-5 years. 

TYCheng

Does this reward points apply to the bill automatically?

TYCheng

PM is punishing loyal customers like us. 

jbthesnitch

Nope.

This is beyond a hassle.  I want nothing to do with an App or points. or something I have to "do" every month to get my money or points or percentage back.

Goodbye  Public Mobile.

turtleTurtle
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

There is no more auto pay or legacy rewards, but you should still have your referrals. +5% back in points

But you now get points after you renew your subscription (you can cash in for $15 off next month). Once you renew your subscription check to see how many points you got from referrals (you no longer see the list of them all) There is a bar chart, but not sure it will show previous referrals.

Need Help? Let's chat.