cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung A52-5G Today only - new pc optimum offer (New post)

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Today only! If you have been in the market for the Samsung A52-5G and you are a pc optimum member whose been saving up your points for good electronics deal then today is the day.

SDM has a today only offer: Spend $150+online before taxes and redemptions earn 50,000 points =$50 

Bonus redemption days: 200,000 points ($200) redeem for $300 value, 100,000 points ($100) redeem for $140 value.

Samsung A52-5G SDM regular price $659 currently on sale at Samsung Canada $659 - $100=$559

3 possible redemption strategies:

1. Redeem 200k+100k=$440  $659 - $440=$219 earn 50,000+10,000* regular points=60,000 points ($60) net cost: $300+$219=$519 - $60=$459+taxes on the original $659 price 
  2. Redeem 200k+200k=$600  $659 - $600=$59 earn 10,000* points regular points=$10 net cost $400+$59=$459 - $10=$449+taxes on the original $659 price
  3. As above #2 but add $91** in purchases before tax to your order to recieve the 50,000 points so you could consider the net cost as above $449 - $50=$399+original price taxes

*I would have to confirm if regular points are earned on the entire price or just the non-redemption cost.

**Choose sale items with bonus points and/or use personal offers to earn additional points. Clearance and sale items in the beauty department are up to 50% off with up to 25,000 points back. Rakuten offers 1% rebate on beauty. Register with a referral for a $30 rebate on purchases over $30.

29 REPLIES 29

rossputin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Please don't throw rotten fruit at me but I returned the A52.  Not a bad phone but for $500+ I assumed this mid-tier phone would do everything my 2+ year old mid-tier phone did and better.  It didn't.  For example it would not exceed creating videos via Kinemaster 360p.  My old Pixel does 720p and higher no problem.
A few other annoyances.

Just an FYI for anyone else considering it.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

PC Optimum members :

Check to ensure you have the 20×points when you spend $50 or more in store or online. The online option does not occur that often. As a result if you purchase the Samsung A52-5G at regular price of $659+tax you will recieve 9885 regular points. But with the 20× offer you will recieve 197,700 bonus points+9,885 regular points+5000 points if you pay with your pc financial MasterCard.

197,700+9,885+5,000=212,585 ($212.58) A52-5G $659 - $212.85=$447.15 (+tax)

During bonus redemption events 200,000 points can be redeemed for $300 in value.

https://shop.shoppersdrugmart.ca/Shop/Holiday-Gifts-%28All%29/Electronics-Gifts/Samsung-Galaxy-A52-P...

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Outstanding. It _is_ sad. But I guess all things come to pass.

I agree with your points about his openness and willingness to engage. At least he shows up and offers something to say.

The company communication around here is indeed abysmal. My thinking is that with the coming shutdowns that this place is going to be abandoned. So why would they put ANY effort into it. It would be surprising that they even went ahead with this face-lift.

The community should be the first to know that they acknowledge a growing problem. The community should be the first to know the progress of any fix. The community should be the first to know it's fixed. Crickets. Why does this place exist then.

I'd go back to my cynical post of a while ago of which one of the ideas actually came to be. We all disappear. Save the few sheckels that they pay out in rewards and just have that category I suggested which only the CSA's deal with. Announcements can just be on the home page. No lounge would be necessary. Shut it all down and only use it as a conduit to do an online problem report. That would maximise their profits. No more hassling and spending time with whining, complaining community members.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Anonymous 

I think what is important to remember here in your discussion with @ShawnC13  and why despite the often gigantic differences in opinion that Shawn and I can have on community issues he is the most open Oracle on the team willing to discuss almost any topic and offer his opinion, observations and insight (within reason). I appreciate that candidness and the willingness to discuss publicly or privately any concerns you may have.

As much as we may have it out on the forum when I disagree with his actions or one of his fellow team members unlike the past I respect the balancing act that the role of being both an Oracle and a "lowly" customer entails. That is not a role I would relish having and as much as I would like to shake up the system and get rid of the rot and weasels that may be hiding in the shadows its more responsibility than I am willing to take on.

You and Shawn have one thing in common that I was gently reminded of when I considered packing it in with all of the harassment I was facing......your passionate opinions come from the fact that you and Shawn genuinely care about the community and it's future. The problem here is that it is appearing more and more that it is public mobile that does not care about its community. They only care about looks and how they can use the community to increase their profitability.

This is becoming more and more obvious by the elimination of:

1. Monthly fun contests with varying prizes of bonus add ons, Amazon or other retailer e-gift cards or account credits. (Usually with a maximum cost to pm of 3×$50=$150.)
  2. The elimination of any exciting flash sales with varying promotions, promo codes, retail partner incentives or limited time innovative plans that could capture niche markets like the old $10 50/50 plan or the $60 US/Canada roaming plan. Public mobile used to be unique and this alone used to make up for the many glitches that occur that nowadays don't even get fixed or acknowledged even when they are simple or inexpensive to fix.
  3. Regular customer feedback announcements with 1gb bonus data add ons for randomly chosen "winners" and/or an open call for participants in beta testing new features or 1 hour phone call or "video" call sessions to give candid opinions on community or pm service.
  4. Open letter announcements or introductions to the pm management team or other departments that kept the community abreast.t(sic) of public mobile's direction and future plans and goals.
  5. The elimination of bonus referral credit drives that would get customers and the community excited about promoting public mobile to their friends and family and keeping their customer base happy to earn a little bonus every once in awhile.
  6. The severe reduction in the amount of community rewards awarded both in participants and the $$ amount of badge levels distributed to the community.
  7. The elimination of the shout out of actual usernames, the abbreviated announcement and now apparently the badges themselves leaving new members with no idea if they earned a reward but didn't recieve the $$ reward in their accounts or regular members who know they should have earned a community reward with no proof to present to a CSA that their $$ reward was not allocated to their self serve account.
  8. With the announcement board no longer valid to count towards earning community rewards much like the lounge this further reduces the ability for even regular community contributors to earn a reward let alone new members who are often intimidated by the speed and ferocity of community members who are solely intent on achieving bravos and solutions at the expense of all else. The more pm reduces the ability to earn community rewards by the community at large the more competitive the "help" becomes and for some they will earn them by any means necessary.
  9. When proof of gaming has been presented to pm regardless of absolute proof against a member they have steadfastly not publicly addressed the issue or removed the "unearned" bravos or accounts. Allowing the practice to passively continue because their is seemingly no consequences to these actions.
  10. When the Oracle Team communicates feedback directly to pm management even they are kept in the dark about issues they have raised whether it be glitches to customer accounts, community concerns as listed above or the issues raised when beta testing the new community forum.
  11. The handling of reports of inappropriate content or conduct of community members is not handled in a fair or equal process. Despite claiming a proper policy had been developed and implemented to ensure the community terms of service could not be exploited by any one member it appears that in fact that absolutely nothing as changed since I raised this very issue more than 18 months ago and this conduct has been allowed to continue and erode the original community spirit and altruistic intentions.
  12. Complete disregard for community members affected by the above lack of policy who have lost access to their community accounts for minor infractions while others are not held to the consequences of their actions. For management to not even read or respond to community members and ultimately their customer's serious concerns or when asking for redress shows a terrible lack of understanding or care for their subscribership.

All of this is very distressing and will lead to the degradation of what was one of the most welcoming, successful and unique mobile communities online. I less and less want to say I love my phone company....I now just love that I have a couple of $0 bills each month. And that is just plain sad. Too bad so sad I guess....

@Anonymous I fully understand what you are saying, my bad for taking you on the words you type in one post that was a summation of another you made elsewhere and not trying to figure out which one of your posts you were actually talking about.  Why should there be greater leeway in communication styles in The Lounge?  It falls under the same community guidelines and rules it is just an area for different topics.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ShawnC13 : Apparently, much like the user that is driving all this stress in everybody, you don't understand what is written.

I'll see if I can explain it differently for a presumably English as a mother tongue reader.

There is presumably a greater leeway in communication styles in the lounge. And so there should be.
I piped in with a comment about moving threads or parts thereof in relation to a post I wrote towards Jade early on in the new community announcement thread.
You sniped back with that I wrote that post early on the same way I wrote about it here. Probably. Without actually going to find it to see that it was not like I wrote here.
I referred to a post. You referred to the lounge post that _referred_ to that post.
Now do you understand the connection? I understand yours. You aren't grasping why I took exception to your accusation.

I know from communicating with some Oracles that they don't all get along. I never said they all did.

I know Oracles are just customers like the rest of us. I never said "large amount of influence". I said that likely you and others would fight with them about offers. What they do with that is up to them. Obviously.

@Anonymous, so I am disingenuous for taking you at the words you posted in the thread where the discussion was happening?

I don't know what CSA you are referring to, has this been taken up with PM Management?  We have many people that violate community guidelines and rules and many are still here and that is also very frustrating.

There is a reason there is an Oracle section that is not open to the public, where topics such as community attitudes and behaviours, current issues with the community, and general feedback can be given to PM without the discussion going off the rails.  Right now there is a discussion in there about the new layout and the issues it is creating.

You ask what happens behind the scenes, why can't I ask if you applied.  

Those are assumptions you are making about me saying I wouldn't tolerate certain people in the Oracle Program.  You don't think there are disagreements with the current Oracles and that everyone agrees with everything?  You are assuming we have a large amount of influence over PM.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

darkomega
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I'm officially leaving for good until the major issues with mismanagement and abuse of power and the rewards system, in general, are fixed, not to mention this entire site's god awful design, goodbye.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Your defense is disingenuous. The Lounge is a different attitude than the other two.
You accused me of being disrespectful referring to what I had said to Jade before. If you couldn't be bothered to look that up to back up your accusation then that is where the disingenuous lies. You've dragged up old posts from years gone by before to slap me in the face with. Why not this one? So it was a baseless accusation.

I don't have a role here. I'm just one of many regular participants. The Oracles have a role. I have a disdain for any authority. So shoot me. Why would I be outraged at something I have said? If I have some negative opinions of some, are you saying there isn't some basis in fact for those opinions? For perception?

Why would I try? There is a rot with a long time member and one of the CSA's. That CSA has violated the procedures for discipline on multiple occasions. Are they still here? I know somewhat recently that they are and continuing with their abuses. No I do not know which long time member. I have suspicions. But they're unproven.

What is happening behind the scenes then? Why is it some big secret? Share with us all what all each of the current Oracles do and have done "behind the scenes". This new community face-lift hasn't been very pretty. Is that a big component of what went on "behind the scenes"?

Please stop challenging me on whether or whether not I had applied last round. First of all, none of your business. And second, you already know. So you use the challenge as a weapon. Nice.

I agree with darlicious...no way in heck you and some other Oracles would tolerate some people being offered and would fight tooth and nail to block the offers.

@ShawnC13 

I appreciate that you always keep an open mind. But I think there would be a heck of a lot of agreeing to disagree....which we do well with at least. Funny I ran across a reference to the ICE mobile fight yesterday.....oh the memories. Good times?!!😆

@darlicious, I would work with whoever PM chose to join the Oracle Program with each intake.  It is their site, their program so they decide.   Were you three candidates in the last intake?  I think Jb withdrew his application and I have never had confirmation from the others.

Did you and I not work well together when we had those virtual sessions in the past?  What would be different?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@ShawnC13 

Lol....wanting to change the Oracle program from within was not an asset to be chosen for the team. I think the team would be very resistant to having new oracles being chosen if that was their agenda. I believe both pm and your colleagues are quite happy with the status quo.

Honestly how comfortable would you feel if @Anonymous , @Jb456  and myself were to join the team? Let alone the rest of the team.....I'm sure one individual in particular would try to weasel out of any communication or contact whatsoever.....

@Anonymous, I took the words you used in this thread and responded to those words not what you had posted in another thread.(edited to add: A post I never saw)  I guess that is what I get for taking you at the words you typed here and maybe that is why you don't believe anything unless it comes directly from PM.    I guess you could have read and understood the post before you launched your next attack.

Not sure why you seem to have to try and downplay your role here like you are so hard done by and your persistent disdain for some Oracles.  If anyone was to constantly refer to you in any matter close to what you do for some Oracles you would be absolutely outraged

If there is such an issue with the Oracle program will you try for the next round to make things better, if there is one?  Are you willing to finally answer if you did or didn't apply for the last round?  It is easy to criticize from the outside when you don't know what is happening behind the scenes

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ShawnC13 : Perhaps before throwing accusations you should gather your facts first. hmm? You are after all a resplendent Oracle of your grand hall upholding all that is good and pure here. While I'm just a lowly peon rabble.

@Anonymous I never saw your original post I was going off of the comment I quoted. "The almighty Oracles to keep their paws out of there.I even stated that is what I referencing by showing I never saw the original post as I said "That is how you probably said it"

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

For a brief time after launch there was a Phones & Hardware category. I said something to Jade about instructing the almighty Oracles to keep their paws out of there. The category was summarily yanked. Here we are. Wha'd'ya know.

That is probably how you said it as well, and you comment on others lack of respect for the community and the members in it

@ShawnC13 : Soooo ... this is disrespectful now?

"And while we're both here...could you please direct your Oracles to keep threads about "phone-stuff" in the Phones & Hardware category. Thanks."

And you wonder why opinions exist that might oppose your rose coloured perspective? Aren't you something to behold. /s

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@ShawnC13 

You got that right.

@Anonymous 

You got that right.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : I have grown more and more disgusted at how the one particular user has so abused this place to their profit. How they do all that they do. How they don't give a rodents waste orifice for the quality they offer to customers. How they post irrelevant crap. How they post many hours later with repeat answers when the thread is long dead. How they don't read threads to see that the OP has acknowledged and thanked replies. How they post after the thread has been solved and they just paste their same old crap. How they do substantial-meaning edits to posts without showing what they changed. How they have even swapped posts around from one spot to another to also look like the first to reply with what is likely a better answer. How they use that late post to gamble on the OP being tired of all the email notifications and comes in and "closes" the thread on their useless post just to shut up all the notifications. And not knowing that it doesn't actually close the thread.

And then how they take such incredible offence for being questioned politely early on. They fight and whine and complain and report and send pm's everywhere and write their gibberish excuse for communication whining and complaining. And then how they just can not take the meaning of the words being explained to them and how one must repeat or say it differently. I think the language barrier is likely the biggest cause of it all. Someone tags them and they misinterpret. They take offense. They fight it out. They whine at you in pm. You explain patiently. They just can't get it. You throw up your hands in exasperation. It's all so freaking demoralizing.

I'm aware that you know all this. But it's also another way for whoever might come across this to read it and understand the impacts that the user has had here. I. Know. I'm. Not. Alone.

I really have to hope that @Luddite sees through this crap and does not give his solutions to their crap even though the crap could very well be the actual right answer...that time...which sucks.

The problem is...nothing can be done about it. Yes of course their ridiculous strategy is working for them monetarily speaking. Yes somewhere in all their kitchen sink is the one piece that the customer took away and got them going. But did the customer try all the other useless suggestions wasting all their time before coming across the one piece? Did the customer reset their home internet and voila it all works? Of course they wasted their time. Is that actually good for the customer?

So yes...I made my ridiculous list of links so that everybody could make their own copy/pastes if they like. I have started mine. Impersonal, no connection with the customer, just the repeated facts that we all know off by heart, telling the customer rather than suggesting. I'm not sure how long I would last doing that. Seems that user can do that all day every day. Because. They. Don't. Understand. They have no communication skills. It's all just boilerplate copy/pastes from the same help pages.

But you know what...that user is not going to read this. First, because they don't read stuff. Second, they don't understand what they just read. Third, because they don't give that rodents waste orifice.

So we'll see.

@Anonymous wrote:

For a brief time after launch there was a Phones & Hardware category. I said something to Jade about instructing the almighty Oracles to keep their paws out of there. The category was summarily yanked. Here we are. Wha'd'ya know.

That is probably how you said it as well, and you comment on others lack of respect for the community and the members in it

@darlicious your last couple of sentences may have been sarcasm but the rest of the post you meant as you wrote it.

@Anonymous 

I guess I will do as you do to get your point across.

@ShawnC13 

Sorry I forgot you need a /s to detect sarcasm.

@darlicious, putting the thread in The lounge is still helping people.  We were told the new Get Support Section was for getting help with your PM service.  Finding a phone on a deal doesn't fit in there.  It does fit in The Lounge where it will still help people.  Very few people come to the site before they are a customer, and again if they do they can still read the thread in its current location.

As for your comment about it must be nice to get rewarded no matter what I do. It doesn't matter what I do it is a no-win situation.  I move a thread and get complaints about why I moved it and am called overbearing and overzealous.  I leave some info or a post and get complaints I haven't moved it or how can we let it stay.  If you don't think the Oracles are totally frustrated with what we see in the community and how things are turning you are wrong.  Two wrongs won't make a right.  If you want to set Bravo records then you are obviously here for yourself and not helping customers and I will do what I do when I see potential gaming that is all I can do.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@ShawnC13 

So saving a customer money....possibly considerable money and by redeeming points on a high value item isn't providing support? Taking the time to work out the math so a customer logging into the community and seeing a topic on the phone they might be interested in and clicking on it to discover that in the matter of 5 minutes after reading the post they can order a phone and have it shipped for free. They save $260 off the msrp of $659 and $160 off samsung's sale price of $559.

I'm sure @rossputin would not have taken 6 months to finally pull the trigger on his purchase of the same phone if presented with the offer and @allagelman would be a much happier customer to not still be waiting for a refund a month later on his disappointing purchase of a pm CPO phone. And we wouldn't want to reward members for taking the time to write an original post that might make the community an interesting forum to visit to read up on related mobile phone topics that helps drive traffic to the site and increase the possibility of them becoming pm customers.

It must be nice to be rewarded no matter what you do whereas no matter what I do to contribute original content that I believe helps provide support to customers an Oracle can decide it shouldn't be rewarded. So should I whip out my version of a laundry list to post in every thread whether I post first or last or both? 2 minutes, 2 hours or 2 days later in order to earn my community reward? Or should I secretly create my own bravo squad so that every reply I post receives 4 or 5 bravos within minutes? Just imagine how many more posts I could average per month than my usual 750? 1500 I'm sure would be easy to achieve if not more? Multiply that by 3 or 4 and I could break all time bravo records easily achieving 5000+ bravos a month!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious, the descriptions of the sections do need to be updated but that isn't something I can do.  When we were told it was going to the three sections of Announcements, Get Support and The Lounge.  Get Support was exactly that get support with your PM service and The Lounge was where other discussions would go.  A sale on a phone is not a PM-related service issue.  How is this thread PM service Related?  As for your squeaky wheel comment, I would say you have been that squeaky wheel at times.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@ShawnC13 

I realize my second post went off topic....but if the oracles are going to continue to move  phone and pm related posts to the lounge can you not come together as a team and ask @J_PM  to edit and properly describe the lounge from its current poor description of anything not phone related!! 

If oracles continue to use their personal opinions to dictate what is lounge worthy despite what previous community managers have determined and even a completely revamped community with the three boards that the Oracle Team wanted with clearly defined perimeters can't keep your fingers out of the community pie then maybe all that will remain in the near future is a community support model full of copy and paste answers, sign pointers, gamers, reward seeking competitors and a lot of customers going straight to the customer support team to resolve their issues.

All fluff and no substance......the community got an expensive face lift but nothing has really changed. The squeaky wheels got the grease at the expense of the entire rest of the train!!🤔

@Meow 

Not as much as you think. A regular 20×points offer at SDM is 30% back in points+stacking of offers. Stacking of offers at no frills or RCSS with pc express offers can start at 30% back in points and unlike SDM they allow you to earn points on points redeemed. One of the best points offers I used several times over was 1700 points ($1.70)on every $1 spent. After my first $40(64,000 points back=$64) purchase I returned 4 more days over the following week redeeming $40 worth of the previous points earned to earn an additional 64,000 points each time. 90% of my purchases were donated to the food bank. I earned $120 of points as profit on top of the product recieved.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

How much money you have to spend to get all those points???

Need Help? Let's chat.