cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rewards change

musicman1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just expressing my disappointment that after3 years ,being assured that my older rewards program would always stay as long as I continue with PM to find out I, my wife and children accounts will be moved to the new points plan.

Not impressed and what will be next to change.

16 REPLIES 16

This change also affects me. I'm a paying client just like you.

Jonathan1515

Agreed, disappointed to hear about the change and hoping they'll change their minds. 

mc931
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

That’s not really the point.

What companies can do legally, and what they should do from a customer service/satisfaction standpoint, are two very different things.

mc931

I am noticing there is no way to give feedback.

I tried the chat but it’s worse than useless. Interesting to me that they don’t seem to care what their customers think. Eye opening.

mc931

I’m disgusted by them going back on their word. And the “bonus data” with an expiry (and a short one at that) after they’ve put out unlimited data plans is an insult.

I’m no longer a happy customer.

Fly2

Yes definitely a bummer. They gave me 5gb of data for my loyalty which needs to be used in 6 months when they know I use less than 2gb a year. Would have been better for me if they gave me a bunch of free minutes. Clicked on the right hand comment button and it seemed like their answer was already pre-determined (sigh). 

hi @JohnDoe3 not good for everyone, only food for those with voice calls needs mostly and not rely on data

JohnDoe3
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Everyone go freedom mobile. $119/year, unlimited talk/text and 15GB/year data.

yyjyyj
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

they dont care, they now have standard reply now, telling why netflix changes price blahblah. 

jimbobs2023

@Meow wrote:

WHO assured you $ rewards will stay here forever? I have not read that anywhere on PM site nor PM 'promised' they will keep ANY rewards for any period of time. Points can disappear next year, too. Why not?! Companies can do whatever they want; if you do not like it find better one (and let us know!!!).

And YES, I am VERY disappointed too!!!

Apparently, our disappointment wasn't  sufficient to stop you condoning PM's behaviour. 

jimbobs2023

@Sansan wrote:

Every company,  establishment, business, etc,  etc reserve the right to change, amend or cancel their services with the appropriate notification to its clients. 

Technically, you are correct.  However, the spirit of the relationship between PM and it's customers has been broken.  In many cases, the effective price increases are large: 50% in my own case and more in others.  This is not trivial and shouldn't be dismissed with a casual "companies can do what they want".

Pennywise

I'm not sure what effect this will have on me so I'll wait and see.

If I find the new price point is too onerous I'll vote with my wallet and feet by walking my account to another company.

If PM loses enough customers they may reconsider.....

dan1553

Agreed, I am super disappointed in PM and feel a little betrayed as a loyal customer who liked their service and benefits and who got others onto PM for this reason. The old rewards system was straightforward, not detached from real monetary value and felt like it embodied what PM was supposed to be for us as customers. Not a good move, I am looking into switching providers.

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

Every company,  establishment, business, etc,  etc reserve the right to change, amend or cancel their services with the appropriate notification to its clients. 

Meow
Mayor / Maire

WHO assured you $ rewards will stay here forever? I have not read that anywhere on PM site nor PM 'promised' they will keep ANY rewards for any period of time. Points can disappear next year, too. Why not?! Companies can do whatever they want; if you do not like it find better one (and let us know!!!).

And YES, I am VERY disappointed too!!!

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@musicman1 

you and virtually every other PM client. I'd suggest you message PM Customer Support and let them know how you feel about the reduction of benefit...click on the little bubble on lower right side of page to start that process.

Need Help? Let's chat.