cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Top Contributors – December 2019

CannonFodder
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious wrote: ....its a tough road trying to remain at the top....including the bravo leaderboard.

It's just that we've all been "gblackma'd" (a term formerly known as "having a can of whoopass opened on ya")!!! 🤣 

52 REPLIES 52

@darlicious great glad to hear you are friendly with your Banker I am as well.  I am not sure I could continue to chat with my banker well past the point of getting help as she would say that she needed to help others. 

All you need to do is tag an Oracle and we get notified and I am sure someone would be around shortly to move a thread if required.  Some other Oracles may say things to you here and elsewhere it may differ.  I won't do that.

As for laughter and humor for professional services is customer service.  I agree but it isn't customer service when it is 3 or 4 of the people chatting back and forth when the one that had the issue isn't involved.  I agree there is a balance but what happens to some threads is it goes way beyond and just continues and drags on so an Oracle moves it.

Again you revert to a personal attack suggesting I need a refresher course on Customer Service.  There is a place for fun that is what I don't understand that it is so hard to just go to the proper area

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@CannonFodder the thing is a couple of laughs or posts turns into 10 posts of back and forth and at the same time bravos being traded back and forth.  If there weren't rewards based on community activity there would be no issue but there is and the rewards are for assisting members in need not having some laughs.

Ok, I can accept THAT - I see what you're getting at(including the part in bold, below).... we're getting bravos that may help in us gaining rewards, but NOT in the Lounge. Maybe you could have mentioned that before.....

As for having to poke fun at people not sure why that even needs to be done because they are doing something that they were asked to do when they were invited into the Oracle program.

C'mon, that's gettin' a little over sensitive.... as said before, take a chill pill and take some good natured ribbing in the manner in which it was intended. If any of us was royally pissed-off about posts getting moved to the Lounge, we'd have made a big deal out of it, instead of joking around.

Darlicious suggested that I get an extra $5 for moving threads should those that don't move threads not get the $5?

No comment, since I never said that.....

As for the way the Lounge shows up that is by design of PM as the posts and bravos in that area aren't considered when calculating rewards.  They set it up that way for a reason if you are suggesting that scrolling a mouse to the bottom of the page to check the time of the last post or see if the title is bolded because of a new post is too much effort so that is why people just post in non-lounge threads is pretty weak.

Ok, I'm weak then..... it's just that any other forum I've been on, including at least one that was a business forum, have posts show up, no matter which sub-forum they're in, with the latest posts 1st. Clearly, PM doesn't want it that way, and threads in the Lounge also don't seem to be in chronological order, so some digging is involved, hence my previous joking name of "dark abyss", which you shouldn't be taking as some kind of personal insult.

If you know that is the way PM wants it why is it so hard to just have a thread that you visit when you arrive and check back on it every 5 or 10 minutes.  If you want a chat group create a skype or discord group?!?! You will never miss a message because it notifies you when people post there.

C'mon, those of us that hang out here are all here for the same reasons, except some of us like havin' a couple of laughs while we're here, so your "skype or discord group" was way off-base.

It would be interesting to see if I was to poke fun at someone to see how fast I would be called out for not being a very good Oracle, or you shouldn't talk to people like that as an Oracle of the community.

I think that for something like that to happen, your "poking fun" would have to be in some really, REALLY bad taste, because from what I've seen of the regulars around here, everybody seems to be pretty laid back, and would take, and HAVE TAKEN, some good natured ribbing as exactly that - good natured.

As for your previous mention of "going to your mechanic, lawyer, bank for social interaction", I think @darlicious  said it pretty well, but I'll reiterate, i.e. no, I don't go to any of those people specifically for social interaction, but you can be sure that while I'm talking to any of those people, social interaction just happens, and there's no good reason for it not to happen on the PM Community too. Quite frankly, if PM cut out any of that sort of thing, by using the Oracles to enforce it, this place would be boring, and I'd be OUTTA HERE.

@ShawnC13 

The extra $5 and the * beside your name given to you by pm thru a special invite has given you the power to police the community and move posts/threads to the lounge as you see fit. You shouldn't have to move them. You choose to move them unless by request....and as @CannonFodder and @Jb456  and myself often do....we search for an Oracle to do just that. This being harder to do as a couple of you seem completely MIA. We could self regulate but that is not possible so your stuck with the job. An obligation and responsibility you choose to take on when you accepted your role as an Oracle. You shouldn't complain about your duties after the fact.

"It would be interesting to see if I was to poke fun at someone to see how fast I would be called out for not being a very good Oracle, or you shouldn't talk to people like that as an Oracle of the community."

I am pretty sure more than one Oracle including @will13am and @computergeek541 has gently poked fun at me and most definitely has teased me about numerous postings with a "wall of text" or otherwise....apparently @will13am has even registered my username as a trademark! ( I'll be taking that up with my lawyer as it's in been in" proprietary "use for over 30 years. I'll be sure to be all business though I wouldn't want it to delve into any social interaction. God help me if I asked about the kids!) I take that ribbing with humour and it reminds me that they are human and just customers like everybody else here on/in the community. It makes me wonder why you are so concerned about some "teasing" or "joking" on your part and how it would affect your image as an oracle. But you have no problem calling members to task, giving a "harsh" ( because thats how it comes across) rebuke or assuming one is breaking the T of S and sternly warning them. This affects your image as an oracle as well. You may think its a positive attribute but im going to go out on a limb and say the majority of us think the opposite. Hence the current discussion in this thread. What once was light and fun and creating community spirit and some bonding among some of its hardest working members has now become a pooped on party...in the lounge!

On a final note I was just talking to my banker on a serious security matter that I was quite unhappy about how they had handled it but we still exchanged some social interaction that kept it a frank discussion and prevented it from me cancelling all my services with my bank. Almost every professional service I use there is friendly social interaction exchanged which is rarely taken to a lounge for drinks. But can include laughter, advice, experiences and humour and the business at hand still gets done. That side of the business is called "CUSTOMER SERVICE" maybe as an oracle you need a refresher course to polish your skills in this department. This isn't a military skill that is taught and if you haven't noticed were all in civvies here. We are customers just like everybody else except we go out of our way to help others as well. It does not help public mobile to make the community like everybody elses community forum...all business and no fun. That's what sets ours apart from all of the competitors and we solve issues quickly.

@CannonFodder wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@CannonFodder , The Lounge is not the Dark Abyss.  I don't know why everyone thinks it is such a bad thing to have a thread or posts moved here.  Social interaction is EXACTLY what this area was created for about 1.5 years ago.  We want the area to be used for Social interaction as it was intended.  So not sure why it has to be a big production about banishments, timeouts, or the dark abyss

Well, while I understand the reasoning behind moving some posts from threads that have gone somewhat off-topic, I have to agree with a fair bit of what @darlicious  had to say, i.e. it seems to be taken to the extreme, as though people can't have a couple of laughs, while in the middle of attempting to help someone out with their PM issue(s).

As for my references of "time-outs", or "dark abysss", it seems like you need to take a chill pill, because it's nothing more than poking fun at some of you Oracles that seem to take it a little too seriously. That, and I refer to it as an abyss, because anything in the Lounge never shows up on the main page, i.e. if I click on "Community", all that shows up in the "Latest Topics" or "Latest Posts", is ENTIRELY to do with PM business, and the only way you know if there's anything new in "The Lounge", is if you specifically go down to the bottom of the page, and go digging through it, or if something happens to show up in the "Notification" feed. I suppose, though, that's the way "the powers that be", at PM, want it, and we'll have to live with it that way, and maybe you'll have to live with us pokin' fun once in a while..... 😉 

@CannonFodder the thing is a couple of laughs or posts turns into 10 posts of back and forth and at the same time bravos being traded back and forth.  If there weren't rewards based on community activity there would be no issue but there is and the rewards are for assisting members in need not having some laughs. As for having to poke fun at people not sure why that even needs to be done because they are doing something that they were asked to do when they were invited into the Oracle program.    Darlicious suggested that I get an extra $5 for moving threads should those that don't move threads not get the $5?  As for the way the Lounge shows up that is by design of PM as the posts and bravos in that area aren't considered when calculating rewards.  They set it up that way for a reason if you are suggesting that scrolling a mouse to the bottom of the page to check the time of the last post or see if the title is bolded because of a new post is too much effort so that is why people just post in non-lounge threads is pretty weak.  If you know that is the way PM wants it why is it so hard to just have a thread that you visit when you arrive and check back on it every 5 or 10 minutes.  If you want a chat group create a skype or discord group?!?! You will never miss a message because it notifies you when people post there.  It would be interesting to see if I was to poke fun at someone to see how fast I would be called out for not being a very good Oracle, or you shouldn't talk to people like that as an Oracle of the community.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@CannonFodder , The Lounge is not the Dark Abyss.  I don't know why everyone thinks it is such a bad thing to have a thread or posts moved here.  Social interaction is EXACTLY what this area was created for about 1.5 years ago.  We want the area to be used for Social interaction as it was intended.  So not sure why it has to be a big production about banishments, timeouts, or the dark abyss

Well, while I understand the reasoning behind moving some posts from threads that have gone somewhat off-topic, I have to agree with a fair bit of what @darlicious  had to say, i.e. it seems to be taken to the extreme, as though people can't have a couple of laughs, while in the middle of attempting to help someone out with their PM issue(s).

As for my references of "time-outs", or "dark abysss", it seems like you need to take a chill pill, because it's nothing more than poking fun at some of you Oracles that seem to take it a little too seriously. That, and I refer to it as an abyss, because anything in the Lounge never shows up on the main page, i.e. if I click on "Community", all that shows up in the "Latest Topics" or "Latest Posts", is ENTIRELY to do with PM business, and the only way you know if there's anything new in "The Lounge", is if you specifically go down to the bottom of the page, and go digging through it, or if something happens to show up in the "Notification" feed. I suppose, though, that's the way "the powers that be", at PM, want it, and we'll have to live with it that way, and maybe you'll have to live with us pokin' fun once in a while..... 😉 

@darlicious , I haven't moved any of the threads lately that have been moved here because of how far they have gone off-topic.  I did move the post the William created about the Bravo record here as that is where topics like that go.  I don't get an extra $5 to move threads around, and really shouldn't have to but you seem to think it is a game. You weren't around before the lounge was created but it was created for people to freely discuss and chat on whatever they wanted to.  While responding to people's questions in the *squirrel!!! where did it go, I got to find it* community things quickly lose focus even while the OP is still looking for some help.  How hard is it to just create an open thread here and talk about whatever you want without hijacking other threads.  I understand the social part I get it but do you go to your mechanic, lawyer, bank for social interaction?  You go to them for the service they provide and that is why people are coming to the community here for help.  You can take your mechanic, lawyer, banker to any social Lounge and have drinks and socialize there.  Why do you say this is the way I want it?  I move things to the area that Public Mobile creating for that type of discussion.  As for the teasing that is a total childish thing that I tell my kids not to do, so maybe that is why you feel you are being babysat, or in school, or whatever analogy you want to attach to it today.

@CannonFodder  Uh Oh it looks like we got @ShawnC13 knickers in a twist again by having a little fun about having our social interaction moved to the lounge. What he considers a big production we consider a joke. @ShawnC13 if you dig deep you will find that sense of humour you have buried deep inside your psyche. I know it's there because I made you laugh......once. You do have a job to do moving posts to the lounge that's why you get that extra $5. But do understand the social interaction starts out in the the "real" community then since you feel obligated to move anything and everything that is not strict public mobile "business" to the lounge including discussions related to public mobile but not about the business side of things like @will13am  new bravo record post you don't need to complain about us teasing the oracles that move it. It's called social interaction. This is way you want it so get used to moving the social interactions to the lounge and us having fun with it. Can you imagine what it would be like if we could get a drink in the lounge? Oh wait I can get a drink.....i think I'll have a lemon drop. Stiff but just a little bit sweet.

Thanks didn't know that and that there was such a thing as bravos records. I thought that I got pranked😨.  And considering @darlicious mentioned us by monikers, @CannonFodder , wonder how many of those threads belong to us🤔. And to answer the other question. I'm the self proclaimed Monkey Circus King 🐒🎪👑and my currency is Pnutties and Bbananas 🥜🥜🍌🍌....👍😁

@CannonFodder wrote:

@gblackma wrote:

Posts? What record are you referring to @darlicious ?

@darlicious wrote:

@CannonFodder  I think between you @Jb456  @gblackma  @AE_Collector  we might have a new record for posts moved to the lounge in one week.

@gblackma  So you saw the word, "record", and that piqued your curiosity.... "ooh boy, you mean there's ANOTHER record I can go for!"? 😜  🤣   In case you honestly didn't get what @darlicious  is referring to, you might read some in this thread, and notice that ALL of these posts have been snipped out of another thread, and dropped into the dark abyss, otherwise known as "The Lounge". She's merely referring to what she imagines this number of posts to be a record for plucking out of PM Business threads, and dropped here..... and yeah, seems we're gettin' a real affinity for posting off-topic and keep our friendly neighbourhood thread police on his toes. 😉 

@gblackma wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@CannonFodder  I think between you @Jb456  @gblackma  @AE_Collector  we might have a new record for posts moved to the lounge in one week.

@gblackma  So you saw the word, "record", and that piqued your curiosity.... "ooh boy, you mean there's ANOTHER record I can go for!"? 😜  🤣   In case you honestly didn't get what @darlicious  is referring to, you might read some in this thread, and notice that ALL of these posts have been snipped out of another thread, and dropped into the dark abyss, otherwise known as "The Lounge". She's merely referring to what she imagines this number of posts to be a record for plucking out of PM Business threads, and dropped here..... and yeah, seems we're gettin' a real affinity for posting off-topic and keep our friendly neighbourhood thread police on his toes. 😉 

@darlicious  Yeah, I guess we're only allowed 1 or 2 off-topic posts in a thread that's ALL about PM business, and then an Oracle(seems to be the same one, though) snaps and HAS TO give us all a timeout, and make us sit in a corner(The Lounge) until we're allowed to come out. 🙄 

@darlicious wrote:

I have moved these messages to The Lounge. 

@Jb456 wrote:

@CannonFodder  better?

Yeah, now I can see them, and I COMPLETELY forgot about zooming in on the 'puter, with the key combo(just not something I regularly do). 🙄  Even though I've seen them, I STILL need translation...... 🤔 ..... although, coming from @gblackma , maybe I don't want to know the translation! 😜 

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@CannonFodder  also if you're on a computer or laptop on Chrome.

HOLD DOWN CTRL then press the + button to zoom in. More times you press the + the more it will zoom in.....holding CTRL and pressing - button will zoom out.

@CannonFodder wrote:

@gblackma wrote:

@darlicious , @CannonFodder  🥜🥜🍌🍌. The 🐒🎪👑 has spoken.

It's too bad the emojis are so small, cuz even with a magnifying glass held up to the screen, I'm havin' trouble making out what those are...... looks like 2 peanuts, 2 bananas, followed by some kind of animal, .... maybe a circus tent, and ???  All added up, I'm gonna need some translation......

@CannonFodder  better?

Screenshot_20200207_183451_com.android.chrome.jpg

@gblackma wrote:

It's too bad the emojis are so small, cuz even with a magnifying glass held up to the screen, I'm havin' trouble making out what those are...... looks like 2 peanuts, 2 bananas, followed by some kind of animal, .... maybe a circus tent, and ???  All added up, I'm gonna need some translation......

No Anxiety here at all.....

AE_Collector

@darlicious  There, I edited my post for clarity, i.e. it used to be called "having a can of whoopass opened on ya", and now, at least around here, it ought to be simply, "gblackma'd". 🤣 

A post kinda loses its' "sparkle" if you have to explain it..... 😥 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@CannonFodder    Formerly?!! I think we've all been whoopass'ed!

Need Help? Let's chat.