cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Top Contributors - April 2020

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Eliza5 I foresee you being really rich in the near future!

my suggestion is to read through posts and bravo solutions and replies that you may think have helped the original poster. and that alone can net you the top 10%

43 REPLIES 43

@gpixel 

I agree.... @Luddite  always has a unique perspective and a laid back attitude. An oracle to aspire to emulate.

that is why you are the @Luddite!

High road & low road in Scottish lore is a lovers' lament I believe. So as usual, being late to a five page thriller I'm not sure what it's all about. 

By yon bonnie banks and by yon bonnie braes,
Where the sun shines bright on Loch Lomond,
Where me and my true love were ever wont to gae,
On the bonnie, bonnie banks o' Loch Lomond.

Chorus:
O ye'll tak' the high road, and I'll tak' the low road,
And I'll be in Scotland a'fore ye,
But me and my true love will never meet again,
On the bonnie, bonnie banks o' Loch Lomond.

'Twas there that we parted, in yon shady glen,
On the steep, steep side o' Ben Lomond,
Where in soft purple hue, the highland hills we view,
And the moon coming out in the gloaming.

Chorus

O braw Charlie Stewart, dear true, true heart,
Wha could refuse thee protection,
Like the weeping birk on the wild hillside,
How graceful he looked in dejection[5]

Chorus

The wee birdies sing and the wildflowers spring,
And in sunshine the waters are sleeping.
But the broken heart it kens nae second spring again,
Though the waeful may cease frae their grieving.

Chorus

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@computergeek541 

OK....you just don't get me. Got it. Burn the olive branch.

I'll take the low road instead........

@darlicious wrote:

So if @computergeek541 wants to take my symbolic gesture its up to him........but I am Scottish so I do prefer the high road.

Regardless of an historical background of the expression, that's taking the high road, making a remark about being better because of being Scottish? 

@darlicious wrote:

@will13am 

Apparently I have to keep messages on the community simple and direct and make sure I only use any historical references from a day or two ago or it will be completely misunderstood. To be perfectly clear i was using an analogy which i have used previously a few times to interject some humour into what was becoming a negative discussion that I was ignoring while providing another member some encouraging advice.

If was meant to be a metaphor similar(in spirit) to the one following this post if your compatriot would like to take it without predjudice then I will leave this incident in the past. Turn over a new leaf....as I already had previously done but my diplomacy of late has not been recieved well at all. Furthermore instead of taking the time to think about my statement:

"Respect Is a two way street...."

I was met with :

"There were multiple pages of disrepectful posts, but you want to say I'm disrepectful just because I said that you mentioned the wrong Oracle? Was your sandbox comment referencing early chilhood activities respectful? "

and ending with:

" otherwise, I'm done with this discussion."

Conflict resolution requires both parts of the equation to compromise. In other words theres some give or take required on both sides to come to a peaceful resolution. Share a "peace" of pie or in this case a "peace" of cheesecake, double chocolate brownie, peanut butter marshmallow square?

It's an effective method of psychological distraction....everybody else got it and the metaphor.....

So if @computergeek541 wants to take my symbolic gesture its up to him........but I am Scottish so I do prefer the high road.Screenshot_20200516-065311.png

Let me just say that mentioning and bringing back CannonFodder II from the abyss was not one of your finest moments.  One hard lesson for me in the community forum is that your intentions matter far less than how the message is received.  From my perspective, taking the high road means trying not to say anything as all it does is prolong a discussion that should never have seen the light of day in first place.  It is very difficult for a single side to carry a conversation.  Of course, I am totally guilty now for doing what I just said not to do.  With that, I will say no more.  

@will13am 

Apparently I have to keep messages on the community simple and direct and make sure I only use any historical references from a day or two ago or it will be completely misunderstood. To be perfectly clear i was using an analogy which i have used previously a few times to interject some humour into what was becoming a negative discussion that I was ignoring while providing another member some encouraging advice.

If was meant to be a metaphor similar(in spirit) to the one following this post if your compatriot would like to take it without predjudice then I will leave this incident in the past. Turn over a new leaf....as I already had previously done but my diplomacy of late has not been recieved well at all. Furthermore instead of taking the time to think about my statement:

"Respect Is a two way street...."

I was met with :

"There were multiple pages of disrepectful posts, but you want to say I'm disrepectful just because I said that you mentioned the wrong Oracle? Was your sandbox comment referencing early chilhood activities respectful? "

and ending with:

" otherwise, I'm done with this discussion."

Conflict resolution requires both parts of the equation to compromise. In other words theres some give or take required on both sides to come to a peaceful resolution. Share a "peace" of pie or in this case a "peace" of cheesecake, double chocolate brownie, peanut butter marshmallow square?

It's an effective method of psychological distraction....everybody else got it and the metaphor.....

So if @computergeek541 wants to take my symbolic gesture its up to him........but I am Scottish so I do prefer the high road.Screenshot_20200516-065311.png

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

The community is totally broken.  This monthly top contributor thread is narrowly focused on recognizing top contributors.  It offers a chance for members to congratulate others and themselves for a job well done.  How can something as benign as this lead to such aggression?  Everyone who participated in the escalation need to look themselves in the mirror and ask this very question of themselves.  The destruction of the community forum is near complete.  Those who felt the need to escalate the tensions should congratulate each other and themselves for a job well done.  

@computergeek541 wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@computergeek541 

I don't have a problem with you moving off topic discussions  its the way you went about it that ticks me off.....first you let the whole topic which I was avoiding go on and on then when I make a gesture you first move my post then edit the rest of the thread....and in the middle of me correcting the error of my ways.......how about a heads up? Too much effort for a little courtesy? It prevents so much aggravation which is so much harder to come back from. Ponder this.......

Respect is a two-way street...

I let it go on? Oracles are not required to move messages but do it for try to keep the Community organized and easy to for others to find answers. There were multiple pages of disrepectful posts, but you want to say I'm disrepectful just because I said that you mentioned the wrong Oracle?  Was your sandbox comment referencing early chilhood activities respectful?  When I made the move, there was nothing about it being a peace offering, but rather just a post of a random picture. I've merged all the messages back together, but otherwise, I'm done with this discussion.

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

@gpixel wrote:

@Naepalm @Anonymous @ShawnC13 . you guys went into some crazy battle without me?

I'm so disappointed. 

c'mon what I said isn't totally false. giving good Bravo's especially for solutions is a good thing towards community rewards. 

I'll do a test for you guys next month, I will just bravo 💪 and post after everyone else has. let's see what happens. 

#one time baby! #wts!

@gpixelyou are partially right... BUT it is NOT the giver of Bravos that earns anything but the RECEIVER of Bravos. That is why it is good form to acknowledge when someone posts something helpful. (Of course, the formula is more complex, and unknown. Many have tried to figure it out but it is still hidden.) Bravos RECEIVED are a contributing factor but only one of them. Among others, another is having your post acknowledged as a SOLUTION to the OPs inquiry.

@computergeek541 wrote:

@gpixel wrote:

@Eliza5 I foresee you being really rich in the near future!

my suggestion is to read through posts and bravo solutions and replies that you may think have helped the original poster. and that alone can net you the top 10%

I don't agree with that. I very much doubt that reading and simply giving bravos will earn a reward. I'll go as far as saying that I don't even believe that either are even part of the secret formula.

They definitely are not!

@CFPartDeux  I have finally fully understood the valiant but ultimately futile last stand of the victim of his own username @CannonFodder  you deserve a Victoria cross to bear for your sacrifice.Screenshot_20200501-234823.png

@darlicious wrote:

@computergeek541 

I don't have a problem with you moving off topic discussions  its the way you went about it that ticks me off.....first you let the whole topic which I was avoiding go on and on then when I make a gesture you first move my post then edit the rest of the thread....and in the middle of me correcting the error of my ways.......how about a heads up? Too much effort for a little courtesy? It prevents so much aggravation which is so much harder to come back from. Ponder this.......

I let it go on? Oracles are not required to move messages but do it for try to keep the Community organized and easy to for others to find answers. There were multiple pages of disrepectful posts, but you want to say I'm disrepectful just because I said that you mentioned the wrong Oracle?  Was your sandbox comment referencing early chilhood activities respectful?  When I made the move, there was nothing about it being a peace offering, but rather just a post of a random picture. I've merged all the messages back together, but otherwise, I'm done with this discussion.

@computergeek541 

@darlicious wrote:

@NDesai  @computergeek541 

Apparently the concept of of symbolism goes right over your heads.....and you moved my post as I was editing my error....it is this fact alone that you don't understand where fellow community members are coming from that causes rifts between the oracle team and the regular member. I don't appreciate being singled out for a gesture.....of peace making. You  have a very narrow view of diversity. It looks very plain.....

@ShawnC13  my apologies but I got moved before I could finish my edit reflecting my error of questioning the wrong oracle. I retract my statement directed at you....please have a slice of peace pie....

It wasn't just your message that was moved. In the lounge, I moved many messages that at my discretion, did not belong in a thread about Community rewards. I have nothing against talking about cooking or desserts, and I like them too, but the only ask it to post such discussion in the category that was meant for such social discussion. My message also said nothing more than the fact that you were mentioning the wrong Oracle about the move.

@NDesai  @computergeek541 

Apparently the concept of of symbolism goes right over your heads.....and you moved my post as I was editing my error....it is this fact alone that you don't understand where fellow community members are coming from that causes rifts between the oracle team and the regular member. I don't appreciate being singled out for a gesture.....of peace making. You  have a very narrow view of diversity. It looks very plain.....Scribbles (12).png

@ShawnC13  my apologies but I got moved before I could finish my edit reflecting my error of questioning the wrong oracle. I retract my statement directed at you....please have a slice of peace pie....DSCF4863.JPG

I've moved these messages to The Lounge as being off topic.

@computergeek541 wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@Naepalm 

I believe @Anonymous  and @ShawnC13  know if you want dessert if have to play nice in the sandbox. I guess somebody has to tell @gpixel to stop throwing sand. @Naepalm  you've cleaned up after yourself so you can pick first but @Eliza5  gets the big piece because she's just learning how it all works around here.....

@JoyLuck  Ok you can have some too!

I moved these messages to The Lounge, so no need to question @Anonymous, @SD08 , or Oracles @ShawnC13 , @NDesai , @mimmo ,@Luddite , or @will13am  about that decision.

I don't understand how some users just decides to post whatever and wherever they feel like. Please understand that you are making it difficult for others as PM will be left with no other choice but to tighten up the community rules and regulations. 

@darlicious wrote:

@Naepalm 

I believe @Anonymous  and @ShawnC13  know if you want dessert if have to play nice in the sandbox. I guess somebody has to tell @gpixel to stop throwing sand. @Naepalm  you've cleaned up after yourself so you can pick first but @Eliza5  gets the big piece because she's just learning how it all works around here.....

I moved these messages to The Lounge, so no need to question @SD08 , or Oracles @ShawnC13 , @NDesai , @mimmo ,@Luddite , or @will13am  about that decision.

@Naepalm  @gpixel  That's it pull them out....whos backing me up

@ShawnC13  Are we not allowed to use metaphors in the community? It's an olive branch......as @Anonymous  said :

The only "sides" are those that really can't stand and tolerate that the Oracles might deign to flex what little moderation power they have to do their basically voluntary tasks.

There shouldn't be sides.

I don't know what to do about it either.

I'm just imagining that when all the craziness of the world settles down that things will return to regulars continuing on, keen newbs killing it and then moving on to greener pastures or a real life and this place just being the go-to place for some customers having all the usual problems being customers get their issues solved or directed to the mods as needed.

I suppose I should just throw the white towel in.....whats the point of diplomacy when one side cant even recognize the symbolism? Permanent peace treaties start with the smallest of gestures but if we can share......then we'll all get our just desserts.....but you're probably on a diet so forget I offered anything at all.

@ShawnC13  Apologies.....theres no point in trying to explain such things that go over others heads....luckily I have the opportunity to express my opinion where it will count!

@Naepalm @Anonymous @ShawnC13 . you guys went into some crazy battle without me?

I'm so disappointed. 

c'mon what I said isn't totally false. giving good Bravo's especially for solutions is a good thing towards community rewards. 

I'll do a test for you guys next month, I will just bravo 💪 and post after everyone else has. let's see what happens. 

#one time baby! #wts!

@Naepalm 

@darlicious 

One word: Beautilicious!

yum!

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Cheesecake anyone? Peanut butter marshmallow squares? Double chocolate brownies......?IMG_20170618_164141050.jpg

@Anonymous that description actually sounds nice. Yeah only time will tell. You been with Public a while I am sure you have seen some interesting times around here. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Naepalm wrote:

@Anonymous you mentioned a this side verses that side. I have only been here a month and a bit. I noticed that the first day. There was a huge post the day I came. 

Not sure how to mend that.

Ill continue to try and help out and learn from you guys the best I can. 

The only "sides" are those that really can't stand and tolerate that the Oracles might deign to flex what little moderation power they have to do their basically voluntary tasks.

There shouldn't be sides.

I don't know what to do about it either.

I'm just imagining that when all the craziness of the world settles down that things will return to regulars continuing on, keen newbs killing it and then moving on to greener pastures or a real life and this place just being the go-to place for some customers having all the usual problems being customers get their issues solved or directed to the mods as needed.

@Anonymous you mentioned a this side verses that side. I have only been here a month and a bit. I noticed that the first day. There was a huge post the day I came. 

Not sure how to mend that.

Ill continue to try and help out and learn from you guys the best I can. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ShawnC13 wrote:

The forum is only as good as the information provided and lately it has been going downhill.

Lately?! It's been at sea level for a few months now.

@Naepalm wrote:
@ShawnC13I didn't think of that, I have thought if this as a Reddit forum. But its a bit more than that because new people may come in and read this and take it seriously. @z Sorry if what I said seemed like I was antagonizing that is not what I meant by it.

@Naepalm  so much more than a reddit forum this is the actual medium to get customer service for a cellular service provider.  The forum is only as good as the information provided and lately it has been going downhill.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.