cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Poor reception in basement

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@hTideGnow wrote:

@Kennyp   You probably don't want to try reset network yet.  On some phones, the APN settings will need to be entered manually after a reset and hence your data might stop working althogether.

Also, not sure about changing to 3G will helps.   Usually changing to 3G is for issue like you phone cannot change from LTE network to 3G and hence calls dropped.  Since your calls already established and just cutting out, I am afraid this might not address your issue.

When members come in here looking for solutions, I think they're more interested in being told: Try this or try that than Don't try this or that.

I also think it would be "interesting" to see you put up your own ideas rather than put down others'. Just not cool.

8 REPLIES 8

stevenanto
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

This has always been a problem since the inception of cell phones. Some phone work better than others but it is rarely something related to the carrier.

@computergeek541 

I will argue the point that this should be in the community board to show how corrections and "mentoring" works in the community and how members can talk out their misunderstandings. Maybe if this stuff isnt buried in the lounge we would have less people running around pushing the big rat button....oops did I say rat? I meant red report button.....or have members quit contributing because they take offense to being corrected.

Of course this is a moo point (as Joey would say)if the only one with a fork out is me....and a whole pie....forget sharing I'm going to look like a cow chewing her cu....stard pie!

@ShawnC13 ....right? We do agree over pie? a la mode maybe not so much?😃

@t_p @hTideGnow 

All that is being said here really is to remember that the OP is who is most important. The community is only as good as the information we provide. We have all been new at one point and as we learn (trust me I had to learn a lot....still am) it's those members with longer tenures that will help guide and advise the newer ones.

Both of you have way more knowledge in general about mobile phones, technology etc....then I have and your ability to help others has been immediate (as @t_p your commumity reward will undoubtedly reflect in a few days) but as @hTideGnow commented it comes with some small corrections and clarifications. Just take them in stride.....better from us than having an Oracle riding your assston martin! Don't ask its a long story.....anyhow why don't you two dig out your reusable forks and share a peace of community pie!😃

That is if you two can compromise a little and decide on which one...?🤔

Screenshot_20210314-211314~3.png

@t_p   sound like you are talking about me  🙂

I think you are too sensitive.  I am relatively new here too, why would I have agenda on newcomer?

On this thread, I was just giving my warning to OP and ask OP to be careful not to use network refresh unnecessary, wasn't targeting you at all.

For the other thread you mentioned, I just find it funny you keep picking on people saying they forgot the "Security Question" while clearly people meant "answer to the security question".  You replied with that "father name" thing and I thought you were making a joke.  But now you are mad? 🤔

I come here to learn and try to help.  There are multiple times other also advised me what I said was not correct.  There is no big deal for me to accept my mistakes.   I learned and I kept my note for next time.  I did learn quiet a lot from this process. 

At the end of the day, I just want to see people's issue got resolved and not trying to make more issues here. LoL     

"Take a deep breath and relax." 

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious wrote:

@t_p 

In those two threads your suggestion worked but those are two completely different issues. The OP here has been and still is receiving and able to make calls so switching to 3G only makes no difference the phone already does that automatically in order to answer or make a call.

A network reset could work for the OP and I didn't say it wouldn't....so could a factory reset for that matter but it's not the first thing you do its the last. All @hTideGnow  was doing was pointing out that the OP may want to wait and try a few other troubleshooting tricks or supply a little more info before doing a network reset.

Like the basics : Reboot the phone and toggle airplane mode on/off. Then move on to clearing the app 's cache, then try a network reset if they don't have another phone to test the sim card in or even research their device's common glitches with calling reception. 

I am not saying your wrong.....but you were a little snippety with your fellow member....🤔!

Snippety? I don't think defending my view is snippety.

As seen in this thread, Re: My girlfriend lost is password and she's not a... - Community (publicmobile.ca), that "fellow member" seem to have an agenda against "newcomers" like me. And I just let him know I won't take it lying down. served him the same words he dished out to me.

That being said, I'll consider this matter now closed.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

@t_p wrote:

With all due respect, I don't think I've seen OP come back and say "I tried and it didn't work".

Welcome to planet Earth.

Most people will join any forum to get urgent help and then without 'thank you' leave never to be seen again.

I would suggest, share your knowledge unconditionally and somebody will thank you, eventually...

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious wrote:

@t_p 

Actually @hTideGnow  makes a good point. A network reset is usually the last resort because of the implications and inconvenience it can cause and they are bang on with switching to 3G this is very unlikely to cause reception issues. 

With all due respect, I don't think I've seen OP come back and say "I tried and it didn't work".

When I suggested that tip in these two threads:

Solved: Re: Network issues. - Page 2 - Community (publicmobile.ca)

Solved: 2FA SMS from Bank in France not arriving - Community (publicmobile.ca),

it was laughed off by some as a fluke.

Maybe so. I'm not a techno geek and am not sure myself what was the real cause of the issues.

All I know is that I helped 2 users get out of a real bind and that's all that matters for me.

I'll continue to give that advice when I see fit, whether some people like it or not.

Need Help? Let's chat.