cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proxies for mobile gaming?

Nasmerk
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Is it possible to use proxies in mobile games? I want to boost game characters and change geolocation.
Will there be friezes? Or what connection speed should proxies provide?

7 REPLIES 7

Nasmerk
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Okay! It is interesting. I will also try this tool for finding good private proxies.

Darleon
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Probably because I was using free VPN, there was a lot of delay. But when I started using proxy packages everything works fine.

Most mobile games are designed to accommodate variable pings and sporadic latencies; the added lag from a VPN won't make these games unplayable unless they're already at the point (without VPN) where lag is a constant frustration.

Foreign-region stuff can be bad, though, if the network (infrastructure) routing gives it low priority. This isn't something you can control (aside from subscribing to a different network/provider) - it might even be deliberate (so foreign-region games/videos/content is effectively inaccessible - and there's really no way to know until you try. Sometimes the only workaround is to pre-download the content for later enjoyment, but of course this isn't an option for near-realtime games.

The free VPNs are utterly garbage for desktop/laptop computing, so I wouldn't expect them to be any better for smartphone computing.

Darleon
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

By the way, I tried using VPN for the same tasks, but it doesn't work as it should.
Better to actually use a proxy. Just look for proxies that do not restrict traffic, I think https://fineproxy.de/en/package-finder/ tool will help you. You can also find mobile proxies there.

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Nasmerk :Try free VPN such as ProtonVPN or OpenVPN, not sure what their speeds are though...

softech
Oracle
Oracle

You have to use VPN.

VPN can be homemade.  If you have a friend, family member in another country , like USA, they can easily setup the VPN for you with the proper tool, as easy a a decent router.

or you can pay some money for a proper VPN connection.  It's hard to say how fast.  Depends on which country you are trying to connect to. As usual, connecting to US or UK are usually have better speed.  There are all kind of VPN trials you can test it out.  Or many of those are charged monthly, there is not really much committment.

You can also share VPN connection via GroupBuy.  I know a person who is arranging all kind of groupbuy, you can message me if you are into one.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Use a VPN to "look" like you're connecting to the internet from a different location. There will be a speed hit due to the extra distance and through extra routers that the data has to go.

Friezes will not impact your internet performance either way. 🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.