cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please match $34 for 50gb

mrsblondee
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I'm creating a thread for us to "petition" PM to match the $34 for 50gb plans that the other carriers are offering. 

Community please share your feedback in the comments! Public Mobile please take notice @J_PM. It's not too late to add a real cyber Monday deal (instead of what you are currently offering). Considering the terrible rollout with the Black Friday deals, this would be a nice move from PM.

Thanks!

91 REPLIES 91

mrsblondee

It took about 2-3 tries with agents. I messaged CS_Agent and asked for it. The first 2 times I was denied (said they would if they could but their system didn’t allow it). But after reading on this forum and red flag deals that others were successful, I decided to try again. I mentioned to the agent that I have only been a customer for a month and I do not have legacy rewards. I also said I’m trying to switch to a plan which costs the same, just has more data. The agent decided to give it to me as a one time exception. I think it really depends on who you get. Keep trying until you get it. I also asked to be escalated to a manager who could help me. 

SimonLal
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hope to learn how he get it.

Good_Man

Hi mrsblondee,

I just read your post from the lounge that you managed to get the Boxing Day promo ($34 for 50gb 5g) today (jan 1st 2024) as an existing client??? Super happy for you 🙂 but how did you do that if I may ask you? Thanks

mrsblondee

Just wanted to share that I managed to get the Boxing Day promo ($34 for 50gb 5g) today on 2 lines after a few attempts contacting agents. It really depends on who you get.

mrsblondee

I am really disappointed that they still haven't made the Boxing Day promos available to existing users. It's super frustrating as I only joined a month ago...

Lakerstrong
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks! Everything has been resolved, was a super smooth process 

PurplePanda

Maybe try submitting an inquiring @Lakerstrong 

PurplePanda

Thanks @Cheetah24 !. I'll keep my eye on the plans.

mrsblondee

I really hope PM doesn’t turn its back on existing customers and makes the Boxing Day deals ($34 and $24 plans) available to all. 

@thepaladin68 Yes, that's where PM comes out ahead, with the Telus network. Although, Freedom now includes roaming on partner networks in Canada, free of charge. I.e. if you leave the Freedom coverage area you'll be able to use Belus or Rogers networks for free.

thepaladin68

The reception and coverage on freedom is atrocious. 

@thepaladin68 Found one for you. Meets all your criteria and includes service in the US for no extra fees.

1000009500.png

thepaladin68

Ready to move on when I find service provider offering 50gb for $34. Plus provide Wi-Fi calling alongside . Topic is enough to sway towards different provider.

phone number is irrelevant for me so no contract cancel anytime move along .

These are not the Droids I’m looking for.

Don’t except service where there is non that can be fulfilled 

kennygillis

I was nearly activated customer for a month now I subscribed for the $34    50 gigabyte plan then I accidentally cancelled it now I have the $40 60 GB plan but would’ve preferred $34  50 GB but I’m not a new user now so I lose it. Hopefully they will make it available for existing customers

WalkingWhale

I am a newly activated user on Black Friday ($34 for 40GB), which belongs to 28-day-old old customers 👴

Lakerstrong

Yes thank you all a rep has indicated that it should be 50 and are looking into it. First time pm user and very surprised with the support. It’s great so far

Andy85
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Lakerstrong Happy to hear that there was a quick response from Customer Support. Keep up posted if you require any further help!

Lakerstrong

Thanks yes I’ve contacted support and they are looking into the issue for me currently

Andy85

Hi @Lakerstrong,

That could be a technical glitch or human error. Please reach out to customer support as soon as possible so that they can get things corrected for you. If you have screenshots of the plan you selected, that would help as well. You can use the link below to submit a ticket.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Please be sure to explain the issue to them. They will respond to you in your community inbox so check it from time to time. (Little envelope on the top-right of your screen if using a computer or found within you profile avatar if using a mobile device)

Otherwise, here is a direct link to your community inbox:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage

Cheetah24

This might be a issue of not being ported to the correct plan. I would recommend contacting the service agent by clicking the link below and explaining your issue; https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Lakerstrong

I just signed up for the first time ever today. Ported in from Koodo and for some reason my plan was showing 40gb when it should be 50 for 34/mth. Very strange 

MilanJq

Customer service won't match it, so don't bother wasting your time there. Freedom mobile has it already, so vote with your wallet and eventually they'll get the memo.

Cheetah24

I don't think you'll get a matching plan immediately with PM; and nobody here knows for sure. However from my experience over time PM introduces new plans for existing customers. For example I signed up one of my family members to a PM $40 dollar 5GB plan back in the day, then later upgraded a number of times and now they are on the $34 dollar 40GB plan. So if you keep looking at the plans page regularly you can upgrade to better plans over time.

Koala_on_tree

public mobile does not have a human line to match.

RSP93

Couldn't agree more. I just ported me and the wife to freedom mobile. Just got tired of the new activation only non sense. Freedom also gave us an additional $5 off for 6 months so it was a no Brainer

I really hope Public changes their tune but I doubt it. 

CalvinW
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Doubt they will make it available for everyone. Public Mobile is all about new activations. Once you're on board, they forget about you. Still surprised they made the $34 for 40GB available for old customers during Black Friday. That was an anomaly. 

@PurplePanda  Don’t hold your breath , they only care about new activations not existing customers loyalty means nothing anymore go with where and who treats you best 

PurplePanda

BTW, Freedom offers a $34 plan for 50gb (Can+US)

PurplePanda

As @mrsblondee  mentioned, would you match the new activation plan of $34 for 50gb for existing subscribers $34 plan?

Need Help? Let's chat.