cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Bills, 'Bell & Virgin Plus are price-hiking their phone plans.'

fixin
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Original Link: https://mobilesyrup.com/2024/02/15/bell-is-increasing-mobile-plan-prices-this-month/

Virgin Plus & Bell are now implementing price hikes to their existing BYOP plans, one customer said that they have got a $6/month price hike, along with Virgin Plus's $4/month hike. Rogers & Fido recently implemented the hike, but that is for non-contract customers (BYOP).

There is currently no word on Telus & Koodo's implementations, however since the two others are doing it most likely Telus is implementing it too to BYOP plans.

3 REPLIES 3

Sushi_Combo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Glad to hear PM does minimal price increase until it is necessary. These annual increases are just too much from the big players. 

fixin
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@hTideGnow - Yes, that is a benefit of Public Mobile: That they never increase prices at all. That $10 50min calls, 50 texts was cheap. I would agree on the $10/30days plan, the $15 plan is also good for kids getting an phone for the first time since if they use an iPhone, they would need a couple of megabytes of data for iMessage, so 250 is good. A lot of parents have been going for the $15/30days, $24/30days & $25/30days plan.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

thanks @fixin 

yes, that's why I like PM so much.  PM never really increase price for existing plans.  

Yes, there was an exception, the $10.  But I think it makes sense to increase that one.  That price really unreasonable low.  And I think for the customer, the $15 plan is much better value anyway

Need Help? Let's chat.