cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One service in all countries?

14ALL41
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Does exists one mobile service you can use in any country on the planet? No considering 'satellite phone'

Watching all these action movies, heroes just pull mobile phone and talk no matter where they are. Nobody is changing SIM or buying add-on.

14 REPLIES 14

jhol

Maybe it's possible with wifi and VOIP? 😂 Or just use skype XD

14ALL41

@CountyDownIeUk wrote:

Maybe you should ask James.....James Bond, that is!

I wanted to but the one I really liked passed away not that long ago... 😞

I am glad you guys had a good laugh with my post. I was half serious as movies are just big lie anyway; entertainment... Even though it will be nice to have one phone, all countries... One day...

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@14ALL41 wrote:

Does exists one mobile service you can use in any country on the planet? No considering 'satellite phone'

Watching all these action movies, heroes just pull mobile phone and talk no matter where they are. Nobody is changing SIM or buying add-on.

Maybe you should ask James.....James Bond, that is!

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

How about mobal com. You get a UK number and it works in 190 countries. Pay as you go. Says it doesn't expire.

Or worldtravelsim com. Looks like some lower fees.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

How about mobal.com. You get a UK number and it works in 190 countries. Pay as you go. Says it doesn't expire.

Or worldtravelsim.com. Looks like some lower fees.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@softech 

I am pretty sure at least one of those members have been banned. Maybe 2?

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account in your private messages only include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@14ALL41 

I use WhatsApp on wifi to call my friends and family abroad.

Yes, it is funny that Raymond Reddington can call anywhere around the world on his flip phone.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Basically no.. Lol maybe sometime in the future we will have a magic Hollywood phone that can call anywhere in any condition and not be tracked.. But not yet. 

@softech   Lol...not at all.  I thought perhaps OP was being a little facetious and just thought the thread more appropriate for a Lounge discussion...  Of course, if it's a serious question, then my apologies to 14ALL41 for my mistake..

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@14ALL41 wrote:

@14ALL41 Hollywood movies have a time limit, 120 minutes, they have cut out the scenes about James Bond or Ethan Hunt posting messages online asking how to buy add-ons before their trip.  🤣😂

@dabr wrote:

BTW, this thread probably belongs in the Lounge or will be there soon enough... 😊

@dabr  are you trying to set up another intense debate on whether a thread is "Lounge-able" or not for 2 well-respected  members here? 😂🤣🤔

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @14ALL41   that service is called roaming  🤣

Yes, if you using Tier 1 or 2 providers, you have roaming setup and you are willing to pay the bill,  then pretty much you can use it anywhere (except selected countries like North Korea  🙂  ) 

Yes, paying the bill is a BIG part.  CIA and MI5 are willing to pay , but most people here more interested in saving  😅

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@14ALL41  No with Public Mobile and very difficult for entire planet as there are places in this world that have no cell towers and you would need a Sat phone lol.

However for instance Koodo has easy roam and you could use your service in 190+ countries. (Of course for a fee). Think  Bell is like 200 Countries. 

Many use apps such as Textnow, WhatsApp, Messenger to stay in contact while out of country but that as well requires Wifi or Data.

So to answer your question It's a no there is not. Not even with a  Satellite phone lol.  For instance China , Burma/Myanmar, Chad, Cuba, India, Libya, Nigeria, North Korea, Russia, Sudan, etc have restrictions on Sat phones. Some complete no go while others you need approval.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@14ALL41    Lol...well that's what Hollywood/entertainment industry in general is for, making the impossible/ridiculous seem possible and easy...   😁    Obviously, not to be confused with reality..

BTW, this thread probably belongs in the Lounge or will be there soon enough... 😊

Need Help? Let's chat.