cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Most expensive plans in world

Hsaini
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Canada has most expensive plans in entire world.

For example in India they charge $5 per month for 2.5 GB data per day with 5G speed with unlimited talktime and international Messi

On the other hand  Public mobile charges $25 per month and funny thing is data is only 1 GB per month at 3G speed. What a ripping.

Another thing is 4G speed is available to new customers with monthly 4GB data for $24.

Probably they want us to go to other provider and come back if necessary. 

PM has no regards to old loyal customers.

3 REPLIES 3

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Hsaini 

This is common news to most Canadians. There was a feature on Marketplace about the high cell phone rates in Canada.

The main issue is the Canadian government is not putting restrictions on capping the rates and it the big 3 are capitalizing on setting the high rates and not allowing for more competition in the cell phone market.

Hsaini
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

That's what I am saying they want loyal customer to pick another provider and come back if necessary.

Your answer is not a solution 

Cheetah24
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Hsaini: Well, the thing about Canadian tel is true I believe; however that's what it is and about offering the best plans to new customers is not something specific to public mobile. It's done by all the mobile service providers that I know. Therefore can't blame PM for doing that in my opinion. 🙂

One thing that people I know do a lot is hopping to plans every single year specifically during boxing week or Christmas so that they get their next "best deal" only to realize next year the "best deal" isn't "best" anymore. But at least public mobile gives you loyalty points so the plan becomes a bit cheaper over time. Whether that works for you or not hard to tell; depends on your usage and what you expect etc.

Need Help? Let's chat.