cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Many problems in PM

guitarpickr
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It's very interesting to see the many people having difficulties either using or setting up to public mobile. I've been away for several years now and have signed up to public mobile again. I have never had an issue with the system. The many people that I recommended in the past are no longer using public mobile as a phone provider. I asked this question humbly... Why?

4 REPLIES 4

Consumers tend to think of things from consumer perspectives. What they can buy, what they can get, what they expect.

Businesses usually install people like customer service reps, salespeople, counter staff, and receptionists to intercept customers and direct them to where they need to go to buy things.

Public Mobile does not. The customer interface is a website. Full of instructions. Which customers need to read and understand. For some people it's just too much effort, they'd rather pay someone else to deal with the details.

There are indeed problems with Public Mobile - as there are with any other wireless operator - problems which require the attention of real employees to get resolved. But the vast majority of problems most customers will face here are common, things which have already been solved and fixed - things they can solve and fix themselves - if they're willing to find, read, and follow the instructions and answers they need.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

I feel that Public Mobile started out as a provider for the more 'tech saavy' folks in times past.   Those who were more capable of navigating online services.   Those who were genuinely fed up with talking with customer service folks who seemed to know very little and were only voices at some toll-free number.

In the past few years, many folks just look for the cheapest plan and jump in.   They DO NOT take the time to research how limited the service really is.   This is evident by the vast number of subscribers who post that they find it 'appalling' and 'unacceptable' that they cannot speak with a 'live person'.   (i kinda laugh when i read these posts...  it's obvious the user took little to no time to see what they were getting into ---  not unlike the new generation of people who believe it's up to others to fix their problems and not up to themselves to do it... 🙄)

A lot of the 'younger generation' have lost real computing skills - all they know how to do is tap on an app, take a selfie or two, record a video, then post it.   Ask any of them to navigate activating, creating a Community account, using messaging to communicate, posting threads - replies, and many just won't take the time as they're too busy on their social media feed to concern themselves with such 'trivial' things.

Oh well  -   to each their own.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@guitarpickr I also have never had an issue with any payment and neither have any of the people I have referred or even the referrals of my referrals that I help set up.  While you may read about a lot of people having issues remember that is what this community is for and there will be many times more people who never come to the site as they never have any issues with service

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@guitarpickr  Some prefer different options that other providers offer that PM does not. Like faster data speeds as although PM is LTE it is throttled to 3g speeds. Wifi calling, roaming in other countries besides USA and of course going postpaid to get new phones. Then there are also other things such as contacting customer support via a phone number or live chat and not PMs model.

While PM is great for many. Long term much savings are to be had. Each individual is different and will go to whatever provider suits them best.

Need Help? Let's chat.