cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lucky Mobile 3G speeds increasing - up to 10Mbps

Kristowhy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Well it looks like Lucky Mobile (Bell) is making another move and have started to upgrade their 3G plans from "up to 3Mbps" to "up to 10Mbps" speeds

Was tipped off from this RFD post:

https://forums.redflagdeals.com/lucky-mobile-3g-speeds-boosted-10-mbps-instead-3-mbps-2618925/

Fine print on Lucky's website has also changed as of May 9, 2023:

https://www.luckymobile.ca/shop/plans/prepaid

Scroll down the page and expand "additional information"

luckymobile.jpg

Looks like their 4G plans are also faster too at "up to 150Mbps"

6 REPLIES 6

funpig1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

PM still has the $15 and $25 plans.  If you are existing customer, you can view them if you click change subscription. If you are a new customer, you have to download the PM app and they will appear in the app.

It appears that PM is hiding the cheap plans to encourage new subscribers to buy the higher price plans. The cheap plans were what attracted me to PM in the first place.  I still wish that PM had the $10 plan.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Lucky has all the plans Public used to have as well. Kinda disappointed that public no longer has the $15.00 plan. 

bjs23
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Would be nice to have 4G @ 150mbps

Community_QA

i will say 30 days and you will be celebrating

Kristowhy

@softech let's hope so especially considering that PM VoLTE and US roaming are hardly working 100%!

I already find the Telus "3G" up to 3Mbps throttling/traffic management very hit and miss when using a mobile web browser and even some apps.  In some situations websites don't even load after waiting 45+ seconds and refreshing multiple times.  

In 2023 there is no reason for such low speed tiers on more budget friendly plans.....unless you are a carrier trying to frustrate and push up customer to more expensive plans...    

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Kristowhy 

Great news.  

We are joining them soon?

Need Help? Let's chat.