cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I change to another company

Xd88016986
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I don't want to use public mobile anymore. But I want to keep the same phone number. How do I do it? 

4 REPLIES 4

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Xd88016986 

You are under the old rewards program. Research your new desired providers and once you  have two weeks to test out their service to see if it's all they promised you. If not you can cancel at no cost to you and simply continue your service here no harm no foul.

If you are dazzled by all the bells and whistles and everything is peachy keen at the new provider then port your number from public mobile. Once your phone # is ported your pm account will automatically close so ensure you remove your payment card info before you port out. Keep or put your pm sim card in your phone to reply YES to the PAT (porting authorization text) within 90 minutes of receiving it.

You can schedule a change plan on next renewal to the $15 plan so your last 30 days with pm and the time you are testing out the new provider is minimal. You can even forward your pm number to your temporary number so you don't miss any calls on your pm number during your "trial" period with the new provider. Cancel the call forwarding before you port out if that's what you choose to do.

There have been many customers that have regretted porting out and not only the cost to activate a new pm account and time to port back in.....but the loss of add ons and $$ rewards as the points program is less desirable...

The new carrier is also responsible for the number port.

If it goes badly and the number is lost for whatever reason (which used to happen a lot but happens rarely these days) then the new carrier tends to always blame the old carrier, or to at least encourage the customer to assume the old carrier is at fault for somehow obstructing the process.

A successful number port automatically terminates the account at the old carrier (Public Mobile in this instance).The closed account is permanently gone - along with any attached funds, add-ons, rewards or points, SIM card, etc.

Public Mobile doesn't issue any refunds on these things or any pro-rates for unused portions of the final billing cycle - so you might as well use everything up instead of letting it go to waste. And save screenshots of anything you want to document from your Self-Serve account before it's lost forever.

@Xd88016986 wrote:

I don't want to use public mobile anymore. But I want to keep the same phone number. How do I do it? 

Please contact the new carrier for assistance.  It's the new carrier that is responsible for all support and answering all questions about transfering a phone number to them.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Xd88016986   just join the new carrier, during activation, request porting as well.  They will ask you the phone number as well as the account number.  

For account number, you can login to My Account and it is on the top right

E-MyAcct-AcctNum.png

Need Help? Let's chat.