Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hey Public Mobile, the CRTC / CCTS may be on your tail now:

fixin1
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Just look at the new offers - they are good:

Screenshot 2024-04-26 at 5.46.07 PM.png

But I have a little anger, offer 250MB of data on the $15 plan with 250MB of data.

Screenshot 2024-04-26 at 5.46.13 PM.png

You - PM are required by the CRTC to offer 250MB of data & 100min of calling

Screenshot 2024-04-26 at 5.47.07 PM.png

Never Mind, if you think it is "NEW" please instead categorize it as "Talk & Text"

And also for $5/month you can get 200MB of data.

And also maybe PM is correct - Koodo & TELUS prepaid already offer the plan.

EDIT: Well well well, look what we have here, iPhone in Canada is defending Public Mobile by saying that prepaid is not listed there. However I have another point: The CRTC ruling from *here* states this:

"Low-cost and occasional-use plans may be offered as part of a bundle. However, they must also be offered on their own, with no conditions that limit access. These plans must not be linked or tied in any way to other services offered by the provider."

So this means that TELUS and all of the Big Three has to show the $15 plan which TELUS only does with Koodo if you dig deep in enough on the 1st tier site and Rogers is not even displaying it at all but only on Fido's site. And Bell is the same with rogers, doesn't display it on their site, but on Virgin's site they show it.

6 REPLIES 6

anotheran
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So I did switch to the $75/3 month plan. And like all good things at public, it's gone now. 

anotheran

Without the legacy $1/yr, makes it easy to port out and back in

But I'll probably do the $75 for 3 months

fixin1

@anotheran - Switch if you want to, but the $21 ($19 90 day) is for new activations only.

But for $25 20GB is a steal for 90 days and that you get 60GB upfront on the offer.

fixin1

@LitlLdy - Yes, it is a rip-off of the data part with only 30 day expiry add-ons now. Back in 2021 1GB with a 1GB add-on kept me going for the entire month.

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@fixin1 wrote:

But I have a little anger, offer 250MB of data on the $15 plan with 250MB of data.

And also for $5/month you can get 200MB of data.

@fixin1 , problem is though that the data add-ons have a 30 day expiration so I will never purchase any. I have a very limited monthly income so it is a huge waste of money for me! 😞 I use very little data & that is only for emergencies.

anotheran

The 90 day prices are decent. Im planning to switch to one of them.

Need Help? Let's chat.