Did you mean: 

Here we go again - another New Activation Only plan - $29 30GB

smp999
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Why Why Why - can we not switch to one of these new plans

So frustrating

Latest is $29 4G plan with 30GB data

9 REPLIES 9

@bgoya  Yes unfortunately unless you don’t care about your phone number you can just choose new PM number and avoid that extra cost 

bgoya

but then to port out i pay one month to new provider then back to this provider?

@bgoya  Only way is to port number out of original PM account to new provider then port it back in on the newly created PM account with desired plan 

bgoya

but how to keep exisiting number?

@bgoya  Only way to get it would be to create a new account with new email to better plan you want it’s what I did got blah Friday 40GB  for $34 then came 50GB for $34 

Handy1_0-1703734036592.jpeg

bgoya

Yes no plan for existing customer and on black friday they had $29 for 10gb for new customer and now i cant get 30gb data even paying same price? 

anotheran

If you qualify, there's the low income plans of $25 for 3gb/3G then throttle after at Rogers https://www.rogers.com/connected-for-success

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@smp999  Hahahah yep , wonder in the days ahead how may that signed up in the 4G $25 plan are going to be like , hey not fair I would rather that plan 

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

As I stated before @smp999 on a different thread. There is NO reason why you can't. You just have to ask yourself the tough questions. If you have Legacy Rewards, is it worth losing them? Do you really want to keep your current phone number? Did you want to play the porting out and porting back in just to get this offer? Public Mobile doesn't say you CAN'T have this plan. They say you can't keep LR or your current number.

EDIT: And here's another thought. $29 30GB 4G vs $34 50GB 5G unlimited throttled. 

Need Help? Let's chat.