cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got curious and poked around on koodo a bit

Pawprints1986
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Their plans have changed up a bit. They now have something called post paid "starter" plans which seem to want to closely mimic plans here 🤔 right down to the 3g only data

I'm still sticking with pm lol but I get curious every so often 

Screenshot_20210624-051633.png

And their regulars just to compare... Kinda interesting!

Screenshot_20210624-051701.png

Haven't browsed any others yet 😁

Oh I almost forgot, but they seem to have all but done away with their add ons. Unless you want visual voicemail, unlimited Canada incoming... And one other thing I can't remember... looking... Oh, call forwarding !

5 REPLIES 5

Pawprints1986
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

"@Pawprints1986 : Are you gpixel4? 🙂 " 😂😂

I tend to look at post paid for deals first lol... If for no other reason, true roaming once it matters again beyond the US. If there's one thing I'm determined to do again in my life, it's a cruise lol. They have WiFi but far from great and can't even both stay connected to it at once 

I went as a gift a couple years ago, and I'm determined to have it be more gifts 😂 once it's safe again of course

But last time I was still with koodo, and I knew should all hell break loose at home, that even if it cost alot that I could be contacted even not in WiFi range worst case. There's comfort in that even if you don't end up needing it 🙂 ...also not worth getting a local sim for the maybe 8 hours or less you might hang out at a particular port

Extremely first world problems, I'm aware 😁

Anonymous
Not applicable

@srlawren : I did scroll down and am aware of those plans. But notice it says per month. Now go over to Prepaid plans...they say 30 days.

I agree that the $15 plan is decent and of course how expensive the calling and data add-ons are compared to here for both prepaid and postpaid.

Other than big data...this place still kills (for Canada 🙂 ).

@srlawren 

Lol....they have had that "shock free" data overage price for awhile.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Anonymous wrote:

I still see Koodo prepaid and their $15 100 total minutes. And their add-ons that don't expire (although way more expensive than here)

@Anonymous if you scroll down to the bottom of the Pre-paid plans page (https://www.koodomobile.com/rate-plans?INTCMP=KMNew_NavMenu_Shop_Plans), you should see the two starter plans that @Pawprints1986 points out. 

They're actually not bad for light data users whom would like to use the second tier.  They are similar to the same priced PM plans, with two glaring differences:

- no rewards (as someone pointed out elsewhere)

- did anyone notice the data overage costs? $13/100 MB????!!!!!  That's $130/GB.  I think that's a new record.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Pawprints1986 : Are you gpixel4? 🙂 I don't think it's relevant to look at Koodo postpaid. I still see Koodo prepaid and their $15 100 total minutes. And their add-ons that don't expire (although way more expensive than here)

Need Help? Let's chat.