cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ever get a Winback offer after porting from Telus?

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

I've decided to port over my Telus number today to Public Mobile. Will save myself over $100 a year or more so, I see great value doing this.

I'm just wondering if anyone here has ever ported from Telus to Public Mobile and have received a Winback offer?

8 REPLIES 8

vishnubk
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just got a call from Rogers/Fido an hour ago. Hilariously, the representative kept apologizing for not having a plan that could compete with PM's amazing 34-dollar CAN-US 5G deal! Apparently, switching to PM during their promotion was a stroke of genius. The Rogers rep even resorted to some desperate tactics, offering a slightly cheaper Canada-only plan with 1,000 long-distance minutes (useless in the age of FaceTime and WhatsApp).

I encountered a similar situation at a kiosk with a Bell/Virgin Plus representative. Despite their best efforts, they ultimately conceded that PM's plan was unbeatable, especially after I showed them the fantastic CAN-US roaming feature. I have to admit, I felt a surge of pride acting as an unofficial spokesperson for PM!

@Chalupa_Batman  Yes but I get international text and 1000 is calling mins each month . No US roaming thou .but still $4 cheaper . That was after telling them I had the 50GB $34 here before the roaming plan was even a thing 

So it was $30 Canada Wide talk/text 45GB data? No Can/US?

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Chalupa_Batman yes I have and I still have just recently had 3 offeres 150GB for $60  CAN/US Mexico 120GB $50 . But those two didn’t end up being family discount eligible so then they offered me the old peace of mind win back 25GB for $45 family discount eligible and gave me 20GB add on each line with 1000 US mins and international text . So brings 45GB for $30 with no speed cap so I took it 

Ya. I signed up myself and another coworker who was on Rogers. Both done in under 15 minutes. But taking a customer away from Rogers just felt good. 🙂 

fixin
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Chalupa_Batman - I hear Telus agents asking how much I pay for on Public Mobile, they are like, "$80, $90?" I Go like "Roughly half of that, $34 for 50GB." They just go bonkers & silence after hearing the price and can't make up an offer. Yep, Canada's phone prices are crazy, even official Telus agents don't realize Public Mobile is owned by Telus!

That was about two months ago from Telus when they contacted me. Also, Public Mobile is crazy cheap that the most expensive plan 'Was' only $65 Canada-US.

Also porting within the Telus Family is easy, just say Yes to the text and the service moves instantly! I was surprised of how instantaneous the port was to PM from Telus.

Hey @hTideGnow 

I tried. It sounded like she was choking when she heard the deal. Couldn't even come close to the offer. $60 for the same plan. No thanks. Now, it's ported. Had a few minor hick ups but thankfully with everything I've learned here, was easy to fix and now I'm up and running! Now both phones on PM. Whoooo. Let the savings begin!!

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Chalupa_Batman 

from what I understand Telus will offer winback even you move within Telus family (Koodo and PM)

or you can call them and ask after the port

Need Help? Let's chat.